Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright...ill have pics up soon...but what kind of turbo is the best for this engine(h23)???...dont i need to get a kit???any ideas or links where i can buy a kit???

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
First up, congrats on the H23! Don't buy a turbo kit first, but it should definately be on this list. First you need some exhaust, so go ahead and get that cone with. Then lower it and go from there.

As for the tubro, I'd say a T3 because you'll get decent gains and it'll spool much faster than a T3/T4 Hybrid. You could go with a kit, but the kits come with the hybrid, which aren't bad at all, but they spool kinda late IMO. I would say just buy the pieces seperate, it'l be much cheaper and you.ll be able to get the exact parts you choose to have instead of just what the kit includes. Check the 4th gen resource thread for some good turbo info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice man...im lovin your lude...also what can i do about the pin striping on the side of my car...will i have to get it re-painted???....and how much should i lower it...i think im goin to get like a 2.5 catback exhaust...is that good?

·
Registered
15 Posts
At the (end of this month/start of next month)-ish, I'll be installing the turbo on my H23, still waiting on my intercooler and the chip for my computer to show up. I plan to do a write-up with pics and post it on my web page. I'll drop the link back on here as soon as I get it done. Just something to look forward to and/or might be of help to you.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
being the car is older, if you take the pinstripe off, you'll clearly have a line of unfaded paint down the side where it used to be.

As far as the tech questions, search around and study up on the car 110% before even touching the engine. howstuffworks.com will help you out on a lot of it.. and i'd recommend reading everything on there pretaining to the car before even thinking about a turbo kit. 2.5" exhaust is alright of n/a, but most people go 3" with turbo applications. kteller.com would be a good place to look around at for those.

all things said and done... search.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
2qu1k4u said:
being the car is older, if you take the pinstripe off, you'll clearly have a line of unfaded paint down the side where it used to be.

As far as the tech questions, search around and study up on the car 110% before even touching the engine. howstuffworks.com will help you out on a lot of it.. and i'd recommend reading everything on there pretaining to the car before even thinking about a turbo kit. 2.5" exhaust is alright of n/a, but most people go 3" with turbo applications. kteller.com would be a good place to look around at for those.

all things said and done... search.
Well said Amanda. Take her advice, and my experience, the pinstripe stays even after you take it off. I'm putting another on once I repaint mine. You definately wanna find out all you can before doing any work. I suggest building up the internals before booting because the engine will be able to stand higher boot and last longer if done correctly. So far as the exhaust goes, 2.5" or 3" is good. I'm putting 2.5" on mine as my next thing I do to my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts