Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up over the weekend, 1991 si 4ws
Needs a water pump, but that's it. I want to lower it and get some 15 inch wheels, it's on 17s right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saw that jewel on craigslist wanted to drive to tampa to get it but couldn't get the time. Glad it went to a good home.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Since no one else is yet, I will argue in favour of the 15" wheels . Lighter, more tire sidewall, and good tire sizes: you can't go wrong between 205/50 and 195/55. Both are very close to stock diameter, whereas 215/40r17 is pretty tall. You'll feel it under acceleration. That's a tire size I would personally save for H-swapped cars. Actually, when I bought my car, I think that's what was on it. I sold those wheels ASAP.

16's are a good balance between the looks of 17's and the performance advantages of 15's. Currently running 16's myself.

The bigger the wheels, the lower the car needs to be in order for it to look good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
205/40/17
m

Thank you sir.

Since no one else is yet, I will argue in favour of the 15" wheels . Lighter, more tire sidewall, and good tire sizes: you can't go wrong between 205/50 and 195/55. Both are very close to stock diameter, whereas 215/40r17 is pretty tall. You'll feel it under acceleration. That's a tire size I would personally save for H-swapped cars. Actually, when I bought my car, I think that's what was on it. I sold those wheels ASAP.

16's are a good balance between the looks of 17's and the performance advantages of 15's. Currently running 16's myself.

The bigger the wheels, the lower the car needs to be in order for it to look good.
205/50/15 is what I'm probably going to go with. I've got 2 BBS Miata M Edition 15s if I could find 2 more I'd put those on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts