Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
holy shit guys, my 5th gen will never feel or sound like this... ever... My neighbor is a classic car guy and his friend was gonna be in this car show so he asked if I wanted to go. It was on the grass at UCI and I dont know what kinda classic car show had a porshe GT there, but whatever. When everyone was takin off and I had been talkin to the guy most of the afternoon I bugged him to give me a ride and he gave in! Thing was so sick, I guess i haven't been in a lot of supercharged muscle cars, but still. I can't get over the sound, my car will never sound anywhere near that cool... It sucked me back so hard I think my ribs are cracked.

anyways I guess thats all... it didnt handle as well as my lude though, haha. that's something I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
cammed muscle cars sound so amazing, especially at idle, the little interval between oooorggggassssmmmm :lol:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
91_2.0_Si said:
i love muscle cars, but nothing sounds better then an exotic IMO. porsche 911 turbo, mmmmmmmmm
yeah, that porshe GT was there. He left after us though so I didn't get to hear his car... Come to think of it... i've seen like 4 or 5 up close (not in like sema or some big auto show) seen and i've never heard one driving... I bet it's pretty badass sounding too.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Preludesi_2004 said:
cammed muscle cars sound so amazing, especially at idle, the little interval between oooorggggassssmmmm :lol:

you oughta hear what a cammed 5th gen with almost 0 backpressure sounds like.

smetimes i go out to my car and start it up just to listen to it. it does not sounds like a 4 cylinder at all.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
converge said:
you oughta hear what a cammed 5th gen with almost 0 backpressure sounds like.

smetimes i go out to my car and start it up just to listen to it. it does not sounds like a 4 cylinder at all.
you're right, we oughta hear it.

sounds like you just volunteered to get us a sound clip :) :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i'm tryin' man... i've been trying to get ahold of a decent camera for a while now. it's got such a chunky, burly sounding idle now. especially if you start it up when the motor is still warm.

if i keep the throttle in a little while i'm coasting downhill at about 2500-2900rpm, all you hear is " pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop...." from the exhaust.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ badass!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts