Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been itching to run a 30-50 dry (or maybe wet) shot on my 5g for a while now. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good kit that's fairly simple. i don't really need a lot of bells and whistles yet, all i really want is a WOT sensor that will only engage the nitrous at WOT... and something to cut it off completely if i dont want to use it at all at WOT.

i can't use that big of a shot because my compression has been raised a bit and i've got a nice built head that i don't want to destroy... but i just want something simple that i can plumb into my airbox and use it as needed. however, when i use it i will ONLY be using 110 octane.

anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Dude the Zex Wet kit is awesome. Fairly easy to install; it comes with an arming switch so it's only going to operate at WOT when the system is armed. The rest of the time it won't be working. There are three jets included: 55,65, and 75. I'm just sticking with the 55 because I don't wanna mess with the timing. I just changed the plugs to a colder one and it's working fine.

I like the purge kit, too. You can get everything for $600, plus bottle fill. It's really fun, but it's really easy to blow through, and it's $60 a bottle fill here in Schenectady.

I put the switch (toggle style) and the purge button between the shifter and the cupholders. The bottle, which is in the trunk, has to be open for anything to work.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
HAHA more power more power. once my head is built my next step in my plan is small shot of go-go juice. this wont happen till mid summer or so but i have been researching already. from what i understand, wet is the better, safer way to go. since you are mixing with fuel you have better chance of not creating a lean condition and the distribution is better. not by much but still better. i think i have decide on a NX kit. there is a guy on HT that made 45whp i belive on a 35 shot!! cant remeber if it was tuned or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
91preyludesi said:
HAHA more power more power. once my head is built my next step in my plan is small shot of go-go juice. this wont happen till mid summer or so but i have been researching already. from what i understand, wet is the better, safer way to go. since you are mixing with fuel you have better chance of not creating a lean condition and the distribution is better. not by much but still better. i think i have decide on a NX kit. there is a guy on HT that made 45whp i belive on a 35 shot!! cant remeber if it was tuned or not.
both kits are just as safe....dry kits run the chance of goin lean but if installed properly with a a/f shut down switch it will kill the spray before it kills the motor...wet isnt alwasy safer...there are a lot more things that can go wrong with a wet kit...and usualy when a wet kit goes it goes BOOM..and if ur running that small of a shot nothing wrong with a dry kit.. just make sure ur injectors and fuel pump are up for the challenge

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Even with the 55 shot, if something isn't right, you can hear/feel it. Although it's definitely not good for the motor, I wouldn't be too worried about it as long as you don't go bonkers with the usage of it.

I think Zex is the safest way to go though. Easiest to install, too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm looking at getting a dry kit with Hondata s200(it says go with dry kit because the ECU will add the fuel). Anyone know how well the dry kit goes with s200 or would zex wet kit be better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
dry kits are pretty generic...just a nitrous soleinoid...just make sure u wire it up correctly ...also any car with a dry kit will add fuel...they have to ...unless u get a wet kit..then its a completly different story

G

·
I juts purchased an Nx express hidden system its a simple 50 shot thejets run between 35 and 50 the bottle is like 3.5 pounds I have 2 it cost like 500 for both but with 100 hp shot all toegether I believe It will get job done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts