Honda Prelude Forum banner

Good shop to send Block and Head to be built

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spike2000lude 
#1 ·
Wsup I decided im going all motor. Ive been calling shops around the area and i think they charge alot for labor, so i decided to just take apart my motor myself. What i want to do is send my block off to get sleeved and have them drop in forged pistons and rods . Also i would like to get a good head build. With a stage 2 port and polish with valvetrain and stage 2 or 3 camshafts. I was wondering if you guys know of some repuitable places that i could send my head and block off to get done. Ive heard of port flow and dh thats about it. I called blacktrax and they want 4gs for the block and 2g's for head including labor which isnt bad, but i know there is other options out there so i just thought i would ask you guys if you know of any good places. If i can save 1500 from labor then hey thats my rmf header and tune. I figured i might as well try to do it myself first. If i cant then i was going to send it to a shop anyways. Thanks for the help.

#3 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.