Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Brembo make only FRONT SLOTTED or BLANKS for the 5gen. No rear..

but i got the front slotted and some other brand for the rear for 190 shipped! i got the info if your interested...

oh..the blanks i think its 155 shipped might as well pay 35 bucks more get it slotted...

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
inlinefour, powerslot or powerstop.

i think they also sell brembo fronts, and i don't know what they use for rears

·
Registered
137 Posts
i may be wrong... or the guy mighta lied... but i asked one of those cheap e-bay companys selling drilled/slotted brembos about there rotors. he told me that they are brembo blanks that they drilled and slotted themselves.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
EDVurd said:
Yeah i don't want any of those cheapo "brembo" drilled/slotted. sure to be crappy and a scam and warp quick.
Good call. Blanks are the way to go. Drilled and slotted are just for looks...they are HIGHLY overrated and do NOT perform better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
tytyguy said:
i almost made the same mistake u made when i found some cross-drilled/slotted rotors from brembo for like $200.00 for both front and back on ebay, but thanks to these damn genius' :shock:,lol, on this forum they made me do some more research and found out that brembo only make front rotors for the 5th gen prelude (not sure bout any other car cuz i dont have any other car), and they only make cross-drilled or slotted, not both. sry guy but those r probably just brembo blanks that the company bought and cross-drilled and slotted themselves which kinda kill the performance on them. to those that showed me the light, correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
h22a4sc said:
i almost made the same mistake u made when i found some cross-drilled/slotted rotors from brembo for like $200.00 for both front and back on ebay, but thanks to these damn genius' :shock:,lol, on this forum they made me do some more research and found out that brembo only make front rotors for the 5th gen prelude (not sure bout any other car cuz i dont have any other car), and they only make cross-drilled or slotted, not both. sry guy but those r probably just brembo blanks that the company bought and cross-drilled and slotted themselves which kinda kill the performance on them. to those that showed me the light, correct me if im wrong.
thats right. i bought ebay brand rotors slotted. we'll see how long they last :turn:

·
Registered
210 Posts
actually if you want the best... go slotted ONLY! brembo makes slotted rotors, never drilled. Drilled/slotted rotors are from 3rd parties.

the real deal cost 200 for the front ONLY... or some places sell 90 a piece. i got the real Slotted Front and some brand for the rear for only 190..lucky me..

·
Registered
343 Posts
i checked out the baer decelerotors at autozone cuz i saw the commercial. $240 i laughed at the guy and walked out. not like he put the price on them but i was mind blown. the commercial says affordable price, my ass.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
don't think so. my ebay specials did. or you could get the caliper paint and do the hub of it in that (in silver)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.