Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love ATTS and its an awesome thing to have but it sure is not cheap to maintain. My ATTS light started coming on yesterday after bout driving for 5 min and I know my car pretty well and I was confused cuse the check engine light didnt come on. So with all this cold weather I thought it could just be a faulty problem and that it might be something simple throwin it off. Well after two days of the light being on I brought it to Honda and the first visit they said it was a 65-1 and a 75-1. The tech said it had to do with the wheels spinnin in the snow and salt, I kind of believed that. I left the dealership and there it goes, right back on. I drive back and they finally have the brains to leave the car runnin so they can pull the code with it on. It was the 65-1 I believe (too lazy to go upstairs and check) which is the right oil pressure regulator on the ATTS :cries: . The part runs me 285.00 and labor is 5 hours which is 85.00 and hour. I'm lookin at round 700 to get my car back runnin normal. Thought I'd share, had to replace the exhaust, the shock knock, my ebrake cable needs replaced and my gas tank sensor so with everything together I'm lookin at 1400 to be all done. Sadly, the car has 127,000 miles and its gunna be gone this spring. Dont have the money or time to always have to have things fixed. The search has started for a nice WRX. I pray tho that this is it with the car and it lasts cuse I'd keep it then

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I have a ATTS unit with 94K on it from my car. Was working PERFECT when i took it out. Just throwing it out there for you. I would take $100+shipping for it.

Remember just throwing it out there.

Get an STI if your gunna go the scoobie route.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell he's getting rid of it anyway by the spring
are you gonna part out? =D
i will prob end up selling my front lip and vibrant strut bar. everything else I dont have replacements for.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a ATTS unit with 94K on it from my car. Was working PERFECT when i took it out. Just throwing it out there for you. I would take $100+shipping for it.

Remember just throwing it out there.

Get an STI if your gunna go the scoobie route.
Thanks man I appricate it but my dads just gunna pay for it. My goal is the STi, prob an 05

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
ATTS is sweet, the handling characteristics are so much different than a base. I'll never give mine up... On a side note I had a similar problem with my upper oil pressure switch, the previous owner somehow snapped it off while switching the exhaust. It is a pain to replace, I managed to replace it without removing the unit, Honda will no doubt go by the book and remove the unit. And also the unit will disable itself if the tires spin so much on ice or in the snow. They designed it like that because the unit was never designed to be traction control...obviously it could make it dangerous-no traction, all the torque on the outer wheel on a turn...

I've owner 9 Base lude's, my current lude is the only SH I've owner. I'll probably never buy another base...Even the power steering rack has fewer turns lock to lock on the SH... But then again I don't know that I'd ever be pushing the unit beyond 250+ HP...so...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Buying another unit won't help too much because the dealership would still charge the same amount of labor to put another one in and I wouldn't trust any other place would know how to do it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Never had an ATTS problem. Even in the snow (when it did snow) even then it never missed a beat.
But im in the shit if i do get a problem as Honda UK probably dont even know what ATTS is let alone working on it.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I wont be replacing the unit and I dont want someone working on the unit if they have no no idea what it is. The STi is out of the question, the look is now for a 4 door Si, rip on me all you want but I want to stay in the Honda family and there are some nice ones out there

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Why not get a TSX, it's far closer related to a Prelude and shares the same type of chassis that made the prelude such a nice car. The new Si is unrefined and mcpherson strut front suspension is never going to be as nice as double wishbone suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not get a TSX, it's far closer related to a Prelude and shares the same type of chassis that made the prelude such a nice car. The new Si is unrefined and mcpherson strut front suspension is never going to be as nice as double wishbone suspension.
thats not a bad idea besides the price different

·
Registered
581 Posts
i was out the other night in the snow, i had a little bit of wheelspin but not much, nvr got an atts light.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never had an ATTS problem. Even in the snow (when it did snow) even then it never missed a beat.
But im in the shit if i do get a problem as Honda UK probably dont even know what ATTS is let alone working on it.
did you ever have your ATTS unit serviced by honda?, In a honda techinicians manual that was posted on here, the unit is supposed to be serviced every so many miles, it requires a change of the oil on the actual ATTS unit.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Get a used one, the TSX new is less than an STI anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts