Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need to change my muffler, what yould be a good muffler with Dual tips
for my 5th gen prelude with Wingwest Lips kits. (My exaust line is stock)
And not too loud.

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
get an exhaust system... muffler is ricey.

·
Registered
210 Posts
u can always go use....the tsudo is actually nice..i had it on my car..its deep and not really loud.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if ur in atl then go check out mainstream performance, they'll hook u up with a custom catback system with muffler from magnaflow for 350 installed. let me know if u need a number or something.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
absoludely said:
if ur in atl then go check out mainstream performance, they'll hook u up with a custom catback system with muffler from magnaflow for 350 installed. let me know if u need a number or something.
speaking of MSP.... hows your lude running since you tuned it? Everything o.k.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't mufflers sound just loud as a full cat back exhaust system?

The biggest difference being that mufflers sound like hairy russian women yapping, while a cat back sounds like a lion roaring...

I'd say if you can't spend the $$ on a new exhaust system, buy a USED ONE. I could be wrong, but I think someone is selling a used Apex N1 in our own marketplace for 200 bucks shipped. It's not dual tip, but it is argueably the best exhaust ever made for our cars.

Seriously, I'd never put a muffler on my car.

You'll get funny looks from people with just a muffler. At least I'd look at you funny. :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm actually to canda.
I'm sorry but dont know anything about exaust system, i recently bought my prelude and there is a custom muffler installed on it, the exit of the muffler is big and its under the wing west lips, so the heat of the muffler started to broke the wingwest lip, so i want to replace it with something that look good and not too loud. (dont want something ricey) and for the moment i cant afford by exemple and complete apexi exhaust system for 600+ Us...

PS: Sorry for my bad english, tryed to explain at my best...

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
take it to a muffler shop and get a magna flow muffler. Also have them add a little bit of piping to make sure that the muffler clears the bodykit. Thats the cheapes think you could do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could go the used, if its in good shape, there is a used apexi line for sell near me, but he sell it for 500$ Can non nego...

I could buy one in US, a friend of me can bring it to canada, but the problem is i can't see it because buying it.

Is there any good place to find Used Prelude part ?
I could check it out.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Maculosa said:
I could go the used, if its in good shape, there is a used apexi line for sell near me, but he sell it for 500$ Can non nego...

I could buy one in US, a friend of me can bring it to canada, but the problem is i can't see it because buying it.

Is there any good place to find Used Prelude part ?
I could check it out.
The best place to find used parts would be here at preludepower.com's marketplace, preludeonline.com's marketplace, or ebay.

Don't pay anymore than 300 shipped for a used exhaust. As far as condition goes? You'll just have to check out the reputation of the individual selling the part. Also, I'd recommend checking into the materials used to construct the particular unit you are eyeing.

Example.

Greddy's Evo2 exhaust, a super high quality piece for the 5th gen, is made of full stainless steel, and thus can stand the test of time much better than many exhausts.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Isn't Monza one of the crappy companies?

I really like the way that the Thermal R + D looks. I'm getting it once I get payed for my 95 Prelude on Friday.

YAY!!! Money!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
buy a stock muffler if you can't afford the exhaust system. if you don't have the money don't waste your time putting something on your car that your gonna want to remove and replace later. you'll probably end up spending the money on the system eventually anyway. just save for a system or buy a nice stock muffler.
don't go rice

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
1. Who is monza?

2. Look at the finish of the product.

3. Who is monza?

4. Man that looks cheap.

5. Man that probably is cheap.

6. Who is Monza again?

97SHlude said:
buy a stock muffler if you can't afford the exhaust system. if you don't have the money don't waste your time putting something on your car that your gonna want to remove and replace later. you'll probably end up spending the money on the system eventually anyway. just save for a system or buy a nice stock muffler.
don't go rice
Great point, I agree 100%

If you are going to put something on your car, you should be confident that is going to perform on par with, or BETTER than OEM equipment.

Anything else suggests your favorite movie might be the fast and the furious.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have a Magnaflow muffler, sounds identical almost to a greddy exhaust system, it's dual tips and would look pretty good with a wings west lip kit... 100-something bucks on ebay or wherever you can find them cheapest I'll post a pic when i get off work later

I was gonna put a full custom exhaust but I did some research and wasn't pleased with the gains for the money, so now im stuck with a muffler, but it aint so bad its fun to drive.

if you don't really want noise though then you should probably go stock, maybe slap some cool lookin tips on it or something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, First thing i hate rice an I dont want to go rice, its just that i need to quickly change my current muffler, else my rear lips will be scrap. for the moment i can't afford a good quality exhaust system, i will try to get a good looking muffler, or i will get a stock one, during this time i will try to find a good used exhaust system. sure this way will cost me more, but i dont have any choice.

LudeNlascivious, if you can post a pic of your muffler it would be nice,
can you also post a link of the muffler product ?

Ps: Still sorry for my bad english.

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Mufflers=ricer gayness or wanna be exhausts
Axle backs/Rear sections=a lil better
Cat.back=frakin great power and sound
so go with the cat. back jus wat i went with....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.