Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking... I could sell my SI 93 prelude and get around $4500 maybe? and take that money and buy an S with the f22. That car would be cheaper and i would have more money to do a JDM h22 swap that i was gonna do to my h23. Anyone wanna comment on the idea because im not sure if it would be logical or something. I also, wanted to get an already manual S and get the tranny with the h22 with LSD. Is this a good idea? or not?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heh, the reason for me getting a JDM h22 is the 40 more hp my h23 has and it would have around 35k miles on it unlike my h23 with 170k. That is why i dont wanna turbo my h23. The reason i would sell mine is for the added money, sell for $4500. Buy and S for about $3500. That would possibly save me moeny to spend on more stuff.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
take your money build the h23 and turbo it you will forget about that little 40 extra hp.... the h23 is alot stronger too after turboed...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, for 1. turbo=not DD. 2. parents would know that i speed. I pretty sure that there is something wrong with my engine anyhow since it has 170k miles on it. It has a pretty bad knock and ping that wont go away( i use 91 octane). Another reason i would want to get the S is because i would buy one that had a 5 speed stock as where mine is a auto box of crap. I would get the h22 and the lsd tranny and drop it in the S. If i were to turbo my h23, i would want to get it rebuilt or something. I just have bad feelings about a 13 yr old engine with 170k miles on it and expect it to boost its hp by 50%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts