Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey someone is selling their EL gauges, silver inverter box, and wiring harness from their '94 SI for $75. This seems like a really good deal to me, considering the wiring harness is supposedly hard to find. I have a '93 VTEC and I've been wanting the EL gauges since I got my ride. So, does this sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it comes with the EL cluster, the silver inverter box, and the wiring harness? That's everything, right? And are the pics. not working? I can see them on my comp...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i dont even see a indication that u even tried to post pictures. i would say its a good deal as long as everything works and is complete.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh... that's weird, sorry. But, yeah it seems like a good deal, I'll have to go look at it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
nope sucks... 75, thats horrible... lol jp not sure man i dunno about this stuff but your pics show up as lil red "x"s

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would have to see a picture of all the parts. I have a sever on my network here for all my pics, but you may have to upload them to a server like photobucket or some other site like that first before you can post them here...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, I dunno what's going on with the pics. but I have them on Prelude Zone, under 4th gen. under the same title so if you wanna see the pics. go there I guess... sorry.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't see any pictures there ether. did you add them strait from your computer or are they on a web-server?

I have the same cluster in my lude now I paid $100 for mine and I am very happy with it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did a lot of things to the car that day so i had it all out and installed in just a few hours. for me it was very easy, But I use to be a car stereo install with a shop of my Owen. If you are good with 12 volt wiring and have everything you need, it should not take you very long at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, well if you are good with stereo equipment, I have a quick question for you. I bought my car in July and I had the stock stereo. It worked, but I wanted a new one. Anyway, at that time the antenna worked. Soon after, I bought a Pioneer DEH-P400UB (in case you know what that is, haha). My friends brother installed it and it works perfectly, except the antenna no longer rises, it just stays in the car. So, I no longer have that good of reception for radio stations which is a huge pain. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? I tried to look if something as simple as he forgot a wire, but it's bolted in, so I can't really see that well. I also checked the fuses and all were ok. So do you have any idea what the problem could be?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a cable or wire that should be plugged into it? If so, where? I really don't know anything about it, haha

·
Registered
173 Posts
yepper I can help. on the back of the pioneer there is a blue remote wire. I am not sure but I think on the harness form the car its a brown wire. you may have to look that part up, but that is the wire that works your antenna. put them together and that will get it to come up when you turn on the stereo. if you are running an amp it may be in use, just tie into that... let me know if you need any more help.. you can give me a call if you need also Im Jason, 417-598-0111

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, well I just looked at it and I saw a blue wire with a white line that went down the center of it and it has a tag that says "SYSTEM REMOTE CONTROL". Is this the wire your talking about? I also noticed that it had a clear connector-type piece at the end of it. It looks almost as if you could connect it to another piece similar to it. And finally, where is the brown wire located? I couldn't find it in the short time I was in my garage (I live in Wisconsin and the windchill is like -40 outside, haha). Do I have to take everything apart to get to it? Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
yes the blue with white stripe is the wire you need from the stereo. as for the brown one im not sure if its brown or not lol sorry. are you using a wire kit that is hooked up to your stereo and plugged into you cars harness or did it get cut?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts