Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i need new tires.

These are the ones i have currently http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100
They came on the car when i bought it so they had about 50% tread left on them. I have honestly been impressed with how they have held up. They have a really stiff and narrow sidewall so therere really isint much room for the tire to wrinkle over. However i would like a bit more overall grip when i do get a bit of understeer or my atts is kicking in. The tire wear isint that great and they are a little rough around town and on bumpy roads because of the lack of sidewall.

These are the tires i am thinking of switching to:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport
Not only are they 14 bucks cheaper per tire, but it looks like they got better ratings as well. Of course they are butt ugly...:wzbigcry:but who cares its just a tire..... its just a tire.....

Anyways, just seeing if anyone has had experience with these 2 tires. In a perfect world i would get some Goodyear Eagle F1's or Some BfGoodrich T/A KDW's. But im on a mild budget and cant justify spending over 100 bucks on a tire when i end up grinding most of the rubber into all the corners around my neighborhood. :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Why not get the ES100's in just a slightly wider design.

My opinion on BFG's maybe a little harsh. But my 285's KDW's on my beast of a Camaro, SUCKED. I felt safer with 245 Kumho 712's, and that was with a 16in rim, unlike the KDW's 18in. I just feel that the KDW's sidewall was WAY too soft. Of course this is like comparing apples to oranges really, but still I would definitally see what more people say rather than Tirerack opinions. Surely there are some other Prelude owners who can comment. :turn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
i'm pretty happy with the new toyo proxes 4, or if you have lots of money the t1r is really good
 

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
Joined
·
11,000 Posts
If you are strapped for cash check out the Nitto NeoGen Z rated...they are about the same price as the BFG G-force and grip about the same but with a stiffer (and better looking) sidewall design.
 

·
HipHopHeadd
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
mgrimm said:
i'm pretty happy with the new toyo proxes 4, or if you have lots of money the t1r is really good

I agree. I like toyo tires for some reason. I also have proxy 4's and don't really have anything bad to say about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ian300D said:
Why not get the ES100's in just a slightly wider design.

My opinion on BFG's maybe a little harsh. But my 285's KDW's on my beast of a Camaro, SUCKED. I felt safer with 245 Kumho 712's, and that was with a 16in rim, unlike the KDW's 18in. I just feel that the KDW's sidewall was WAY too soft. Of course this is like comparing apples to oranges really, but still I would definitally see what more people say rather than Tirerack opinions. Surely there are some other Prelude owners who can comment. :turn:
Is it generally a good idea to put a wider tire on your car rather than the oem size?

Anyone else got any input on The Nitto Gen's? They look like a good tire to me. Does anyone know where i can find some that are Z rated? I only see V rated on DiscountTireDirect.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mrgre3ntea said:
pirelli's p zero neros. i love them!
Those things are wayy too expensive. And IMHO not worth the extra cash.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
JLude said:
If you are strapped for cash check out the Nitto NeoGen Z rated...they are about the same price as the BFG G-force and grip about the same but with a stiffer (and better looking) sidewall design.
Yes sir, I agree. :)

I have Nitto Neo Gens, they're AWESOME tires. They grip to the road so well, and even in rainy weather they perform excellent. I give them two thumbs up - :emthup: :emthup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
i have toyo proxes 4, and i couldn't be happier with them, i fuck around in the canyons alot, and do burnouts everyonce in a while, and so far there holding on pretty well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
poet said:
i have toyo proxes 4, and i couldn't be happier with them, i fuck around in the canyons alot, and do burnouts everyonce in a while, and so far there holding on pretty well.
For Proxes 4 owners, do you drive them all-season? I'm interested in this tire as an all-season tire and I'd like to get your comments. I also have a Jeep, so I won't be driving around in 5" of snow with these, but I might get trapped in the occassional dusting...

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top