Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what all i can swap over from different honda's, that will help in hp.

So far what I put together is
H23 Rods
b16 pistons and thats about it... maybe a LSD from a newer prelude.

I'm also doin a 91 suspension swap, the 91 isn't a 4ws but i'ma swapin the suspesion over because its in better shape and i wanna keep the 4ws.

I'm also doin a jdm b20a swap and not sure how to do the speedometer and everything.

I did search, but its not workin for me....
So if someone could help me that would be great.
Carter, J.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
try a search for integra intake cams, they need a little machining but fit and wor kwell.

·
Registered
245 Posts
H23 rods won't make any difference whatsoever, they are exactly the same as the B20A rods. The PR3 pistons will make for a higher compression ratio, but I doubt you'll find a B16 laying around at the junkyard. The speedometer connects to the transmission; therefore, a motor swap should have no affect on how your speedo operates so long as you retain the original transmission.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
what kinda suspension are u changing from the 91? i wouldnt reuse the suspension unless it was recently changed....most of the rubber will be stuck to the metal from temp over the years. like 90% of my old suspension was shot after i took it out...

i am with noodle those rods wont do anymore than a short ram intake will. there just a lil stronger...

the b16 pistons give about 11.3:1 compression(so turbo is out) thats if u have a b20 since they wont fit on a b21 there to small.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Also, no prelude ever came with an LSD, unless you count the SH system on the 5th-gens. And even if they did, they wouldn't fit because they'd be built for the trannies on F- and H-series engines. For an LSD you can get one designed for an Integra (or the stock one out of a type-r) and modify your prelude's tranny case to accept it.

As for the speedo cable, I don't think you'd even need to keep the stock tranny, unless the jdm B20 has a different final drive (if your motor comes with a tranny).

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Also, no prelude ever came with an LSD,).
WRONG The jdm 3rd 4th and 5th gens were avalable with LSD trannys auto and manuals.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
ok well no USDM prelude, then. The chances of finding a jdm differential in a junkyard in Ohio are slim to none. If I blew up my car and had parts like that, I'd strip them before I had the car hauled away.

·
Registered
220 Posts
haha finding preludes in ohio are like finding gold in cali and when it does happen its like finding fools gold b.c you get there and all the parts are junk!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I can find Prelude's at the junkyard. Some of that parts are in decent shape. I've found a total of 7, but haven't really been lookin. Haven't found a b21 yet, but thats what i'ma kinda lookin for.

What are the cams from the b16 in?

The suspension is from my 91 Si, Has new half shafts, ball joints and bushings in the front.

Bout the speedo, I have the JDM Engine and transmission, so I don'tknow... I just think that I should get it workin sometime soon.

Carter, J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts