Honda Prelude Forum banner

GloShift Gauges

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  01bb6 
#1 ·
Okay so I bought the lotek 3 center pod for my 97 and installed it. After that i had to decide if i wanted to spend $40 on 3 iequus gauges or spend a shit ton on nice gauges. Lets just say i decided to spend more lol. After deciding to spend more i needed to choose if i wanted digital or non digital, i went with digital because its moar accurate. After choosing digital i had to choose regular glass or black tinted, i went with black tinted just because it is soooo sexy and i love the fact the face is black when they are off.(<-- much cleaner imo) And after choosing all that it was time to decide red led's or blue leds. I went with blue because my car is going ebp when i repaint and i dont like red and blue mixed together on a car.

Now it was time to decide on a company at first i was going to go with cyberdyne, they seemed cool and were moderately priced. But after reading some reviews i changed my mind and there tinted gauge series didnt look so dark when they were off and you could see threw the glass and i didnt like that. So after a little research i came across this website: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/ Which has an amazing selected of gauges and quality parts. All gauges u purchase come will what will be required to install. ie: wire harness, gauges, mounting brackets, and required electronic sending units.

So after a few weeks i had some cash and i purchased my first 2 out of 3 gauges <-- u might ask why? Because the last gauge i need for my center pod is $200. <-- Its a wideband o2 sensor and comes with everything i need to install it including, a bosch o2 sensor and bung and a few other essentials for installing wideband 02's.

After a week or so i get these in the mail:

And inside included:

All that was just for the water temp gauge ^^ The voltage gauge only came with (The gauges, wire harness, bracket, mounting bracket and install instructions) The only thing they dont send u in enought wire to wire everything which is no big deal in my opinion..

So the gauges sat in my room for like a month or 2 or so lol. Until today when i finally got around to installing them (Sorry no install pictures i didnt have time to get some, i had 3 hours to get them in before i had to goto work.

And how they turned out after installing:

I will hopefully get some better shots of these day and night soon and upload them.

I also purchased there radiator hose coolant housing thing for like $20 got it in 3 days. Its a cool little thing and is a very quality made part just like the gauges.

Overall: 5 of 5
Experience with the company: 5 of 5
Quickness on shipping: 5 of %
Quality of parts: 5 of 5
Happiness with purchase: 10 of 5

I am really happy with how these gauges cam out, i plan on buying from this company again, i will never go to any other gauges these things are the bomb. Ive seen other company's gauges high quality and low and these take the medal home everytime in my book. Thanks for reading my review and if ive helped u with anything Rep is much appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and ill get back to you as fast as i can.

Thanks, Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice review man, and im glad they worked for you... I have the 7 series glowshift gauges (not digital).. and they re very nice but i think they are low quality. First the change colour button gets sticked and its easily to break.. in fact i broke 2 out of 3, and im really carefull. Finally the oil press gauge is not accurate at all.... I guess this happens only with the non-digital gauges, ive read that the digital ones are very good, so im very glad for you man.. and they look very sexy! congratulations!

#6 ·
I dont like the 7 series gauges. Thats why i went digital

yeah.. especially my oil press gauge.. it reads 3psi or 0psi at hot idle.. and my oil pump is new and its been tested and re-tested many times...
And yeah so ive heard the 7 series oil press gauge dosnt work well, but i also heard its due to bad installation, something about a ground wire.
where did you get the dash gauge pod?
http://www.gaugepods.com/

#8 · (Edited)
I was looking for the gauges and I was unable to decide the brand with which I should go I have searched for it many places but I hadn’t received required information but after going through your post I have decided to purchase from the glowshiftdirect.com which is seem to be good and fair. Thanks for sharing this explanation which contains detailed information including pics which is very much helpful for me.
carver(Truck Accident mechanic)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.