Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok first off i bought this lude as my first car back in sumtime may off 08 ok...1990 B20a5 5 speed wit 140k on her well when i bought the car it was running on the street and drove very smooth started on a dime...okwell she hasnt got much attention since and only been drove about 100 miles since i bought her due to me breakin my neck on july 4th... well im back in good enough condition and i want to make her run smooth again and here are my issues...dies start1day not the next new battery and plugs in..

·
Elite bitches
2,433 Posts
Do a complete tune up, she's mad at you for neglecting her, give her some love and she'll be fine. Start with the basics. Plugs, wires, oil, clean battery terminals, or change it completely, air filter, and what ever she my need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a complete tune up, she's mad at you for neglecting her, give her some love and she'll be fine. Start with the basics. Plugs, wires, oil, clean battery terminals, or change it completely, air filter, and what ever she my need.
i know she is ANd it shows!..got cut off at the end i just got tuned and a ful gasket set along with a new battery and termoils some fresh oil and she ran Good for that day til died at lik 5 lights.!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
could possibly have a ground wire loose somewhere too... but like others said, do the basics and get it recorded.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Is the check engine light on? ECU throwing any codes?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Take it up to an autoparts store and have them test the alternator. Also buy a multimeter and check for power drains when the car is off, and keys are removed.

Good luck, I'm without my cars due to a leg surgery. Glad to hear you have recovered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok also she is not idleN at 700 more like 1000 2 1200 also she is surging meaning the idle is jumpin. . but to fix that i need her to run like 2day she wont start also she cranks good like it wants to start but jst wont push over . . . and when i die at lights she doesnt always start back up..so iend up havin 2 push the car not good for somone who broke their neck. . so iknow my ecu is cuttin due to high idle and im pretty sure there might be a ground issue but where. .
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you want some quality help, I suggest working on the sentence structure in your posts. It's very difficult to understand what you are trying to convey.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
You may have more than one problem. What you are describing when trying to start could be the main relay. The idle problem could be one of many things. Look in the FAQ under Common Fixes. You can also search on "main relay" and "bouncy idle". There is a plethora of information on both of those subjects.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want some quality help, I suggest working on the sentence structure in your posts. It's very difficult to understand what you are trying to convey.
dnt b a smart ass first off check the bottom of my messeges im posting this VIA mobile Fool..! gimme sum credit...
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
it still doesnt take that much longer to use proper punctuation and spelling..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i keep getting cut off mid way and this is My cherry poppen First Thread!!.,
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
435 Posts
dnt b a smart ass first off check the bottom of my messeges im posting this VIA mobile Fool..! gimme sum credit...
Posted via Mobile
What do I care that you're posting from a mobile phone? I send text messages quite a bit and I still use proper grammar and spelling. It's really not that difficult to backspace and fix an error.

And according to your first post, that was not done through a mobile phone so there is no excuse at this point. Try using a comma. It's a glorious thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HaHa Still trying 2 be a smartass and you talk like ur gonna effect me...or change my aspect or sumthin, dude this was a question to get a few oppions..and to share my experience with my lude..!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm not being a smartass. I'm telling it like it is. If you want real help, try making your posts easier to read. It's very difficult to figure out an answer to your problem if we can't make out what the actual problem is because each of your posts are just run-on sentences.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
its not that bad, stop making such a big fucking deal about it.
and last i checked, you havent helped him at all.
just complained about the way he types.
but five other people seemed to have read his post, and replied just fine.
im all for proper grammer, punctuation and spelling, but get off his case.
hes not that bad.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
First with the question: Do a tune up and it should help somewhat, then check grounds like previously stated, the original wiring is probably all old and corroded like most of ours are. Might also wanna check the air filter. Check the FAQ for common fixes, it might help a bit.

Secondly: It was kinda a pain to read your posts, took awhile to figure out what you were trying to say. You need to explain them just a little more clearer if you expect better answers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts