Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks, I've got two preludes, located in Wilmington, Delaware, that I'm looking to unload.
  1. 1990 Prelude 4WS in Red
  2. 1991 Prelude Si in Red
The 1990 has a new Jasper engine that I put in a couple of years ago. But about 2 years ago, the latch on the hood locked up and I wasn't driving the car much. Then the battery died. I haven't done anything with the car since then.
Here's a list of some of the items on the 1990 4WS:
-new jasper engine
-header
-new exhaust (but the car has been sitting)
-three gage pillar pod
-power folding mirrors (although, not currently wired up) with switches and relays
-center console arm rest
-dropped with Tokico shocks and spring kit
-steel braided clutch and brake lines
-Injectors reconditioned at RC Injectors
-17 rims with 225/35/R17 Yokohama S Drives
-F1 Racing Stage 3 clutch kit
-new radiator (at time of engine install)
-new motor mounts (at time of engine install)

If you search my old posts you can see all the things I've done on this car over the years.

The second car, 1991 Si is apart. It's got about 160,000 miles on it. I took it apart 7years ago, primed the entire car, but never finished painting it or putting it back together. Now I'm just looking to get rid of it. All four brakes are off the car and I do have parts, but I'm not sure that they are serviceable. There was a thread I had running in 2009 and the way the car looked at the end is pretty much how it is now.

I'm looking to get rid of both cars and parts. Preferably all to one person.

If anybody is interested, make me a offer.

I'll see about getting current pictures to post.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These are pictures I took today of my 1990 Prelude 4WS. It has a new Jasper motor that I put in about 3 years ago with maybe 20,000 miles on it. I installed a new exhaust at that time, the rims, tires, brakes, header, center arm rest, foldable mirrors (although they don't work because I never finished the wiring) and many other items. That's all the good news.

The bad news is that it still burned oil (after about 3,000 miles I noticed it). But it ran great, right up until the hood froze shut and then the battery died. I haven't done a thing to it since. I still can't get the hood open. (I admin, I haven't tried all that hard.)

Sorry about the sideways photos.

·
Premium Member
16,567 Posts
Have you posted this in the FaceBook 3rd gen Groups??

You will reach more people on there than here.

Here are the group names to join and post up:

1. Honda Prelude 3rd Gen - https://www.facebook.com/groups/355912721182421/
2. 3rd Gen Prelude Enthusiats - https://www.facebook.com/groups/43786495504/

I am in both groups as well under my name: Sean Tydingco

If you have a facebook account.

And be sure to post up your preferred contact like cell, FB account, email, text etc....

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts
You're even selling the one you swore you'd never sell!?!? Damn man... How much would it take to restore the original? I don't see any photos of it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You're even selling the one you swore you'd never sell!?!? Damn man... How much would it take to restore the original? I don't see any photos of it.
The 91 SI needs the paint and body work to be finished and it needs to be put back together. It also needs an exhaust, brakes put back together, battery. Many, many little things. Last time I drove it, it drove well, but it has been sitting (in the garage) for a number of years now.

I shared a bunch of pictures of the 91 SI on OneDrive, both current and old photos:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=221810BF469343D9!291032&authkey=!AOZ1G0ZIOjW27X8&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Here's a few of the current ones:

I also put up a bunch of pictures on the 90 4WS too:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=221810BF469343D9!291027&authkey=!AOZ1G0ZIOjW27X8&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Here's when I first bought the 90 4WS:

Then I tinted the windows and put different rims on it:

Then I lowered it, put another set of rims on it, added a front lip, put a new motor in it:

I just haven't done anything with them in the last two years, so I'm better off getting them to someone who wants to work on them.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I'm interested in the armrest console. Is it original finish or has it been painted? Do you have the mounting bracket and Hardware? I have 3 of them, I'm mainly looking for the base if not cracked or broken in original finish but I would like to purchase the entire console. Please let me know

Thank you in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts