Honda Prelude Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
haha.. your bumped showed it to me for the first time :D

true... untuned you got a 50% performance increase.

if a ecu/tune gives you 200, you really doubled your WHP.
and this is always good and pretty impressive for our engines.

but personaly, going N/A is an expensive way to get those numbers.

boosting your car would of given you bigger numbers for far less money.
IMO boosting our cars is the only way to go.

nice thread, good videos... and.. uh, seats ? :wave:
i'm working my ass off, but i'll find a way to get them to you ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fly i was looking thru your mods and i was kinda curious to know what all you used for specs on them?? iam not looking for a huge all motor build, just something i can have fun with for my car for autox.... i need a strong bottomend torque to carry me thru the turns and the top end doesnt need to be so drastic.... so if you can help me with a few of these it would be greatly appreciated

custom intake-did you use the 94+ integra upgrade? my battery is relocated so iam ready to go further if needed

DC header- as i know good luck finding one lol

cat delete- notta prob, ive got a welder and some piping this i can do

thermal exhaust- help finding the right stuff here

AEM fpr- can purchase notta biggie

AEM cam gears-do these actually work on stock cams?? (still new to the b20's)

RC engineering balanced/blueprinted injectors-what size? do they carry them all the time or special order???

supertech h22 valve springs-best place to find these??

colt cams-once again need help finding these

port/polished head/IM- notta issue

bored TB- will the B21 work? if so i got that and intake manifold, will they help any??

shaved head 30 thousandths- self explanitory

wiseco 10.5:1 81.5mm pistons- B16??

h23 rods-self explanitory

balanced rotating assemby to 15k rpm- self explanitory

act clutch- easy to find

fidanza 8lb. flywheel- iam sure i can find

like i said i just kinda need a little help in the right direction.... not looking for over the top... i would like to get the ECU tuned and go from there as well.... just want more power, cuz as it is iam beating some quick cars but iam out handling them (gotta love that 4ws lol)... so i need some help in the straightaways to show them some true ass whoopage lol

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
how would balancing your internals to 1500 rpms help power numbers besides eliminating any unnecesary vibrations killing power?

is it even necessary for most motor setups?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Man your car must be so fun to drive... My friends Integra GSR had bolt ons and a 8 pound flywheel and it was reallly fun. Especially since your car is empty inside too. Did you ever get around to tuning it and getting the t/b? I'd be very interested to hear what kind of gains you see.

I would rather have an all motor build than my turbo setup. Less things to break/leak, not to mention really nice throttle response, but I can't afford the numbers I'd like to see without boost.

More videos!

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Man your car must be so fun to drive... My friends Integra GSR had bolt ons and a 8 pound flywheel and it was reallly fun. Especially since your car is empty inside too. Did you ever get around to tuning it and getting the t/b? I'd be very interested to hear what kind of gains you see.

I would rather have an all motor build than my turbo setup. Less things to break/leak, not to mention really nice throttle response, but I can't afford the numbers I'd like to see without boost.

More videos!
His motor blew. So he is saving up and considering going the H22 route now.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
:( why is everyone getting rid of the b20,i know the h22 is superior but the b20 has potential waiting for someone to pull it out.........
edit.

for the stuff you're looking for, i've got the stuff for the b20.
the pistons are b20 10.5:1's.
the cams are the stage one.

and now?
the exh. cam is broken.
that's what happened, so far.

it's not that i don't want to have the potential of the b20, and mine isn't even close to unlocked, it's that it's cost too much to get to this point.

putting an h22 in gives me the same power as my build, stock honda reliability, better mileage, better gearing...

if i had it in me to do more to this motor? i would, but to put the head back the way it should be, hoping i didn't break anything else or spin bearings? is EXPENSIVE.

cams/headwork/rebuild is nearly 1000, not including labor if i don't have time to install it myself...

as for balancing the bottom end to such a high RPM, alot of places balance that high, regardless of how high your redline is.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
3rd Gen Veteran!
847 Posts
very true i understand what your saying,sometimes i have my doubts of building my b20 turbo since the h22 already comes with a nice hp increase right out of the box,but i guess its everytime i see tony bakers lude it gives me hope for the b20....................

edit.

for the stuff you're looking for, i've got the stuff for the b20.
the pistons are b20 10.5:1's.
the cams are the stage one.

and now?
the exh. cam is broken.
that's what happened, so far.

it's not that i don't want to have the potential of the b20, and mine isn't even close to unlocked, it's that it's cost too much to get to this point.

putting an h22 in gives me the same power as my build, stock honda reliability, better mileage, better gearing...

if i had it in me to do more to this motor? i would, but to put the head back the way it should be, hoping i didn't break anything else or spin bearings? is EXPENSIVE.

cams/headwork/rebuild is nearly 1000, not including labor if i don't have time to install it myself...

as for balancing the bottom end to such a high RPM, alot of places balance that high, regardless of how high your redline is.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
a turbo gives me hope for ANY car.
staying NA? bleh. it's a really expensive build.
my motor build cost more than an h22.
if i were to have thrown down the money for a tune (and appropriate ecu upgrades) it'd have cost even more...

i'd probably have put down another 15 or so hp, but...

i'm looking at a 4-5k h22 swap (done myself) vs. a 7k built NA b20 tuned. more power in the b20, but... for the price difference?
that's the ceiling of NA without dumping WAY more money, vs. the front door of h22 power...

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
I'd say at least another 15whp, and of course it wouldn't has 'sploded had it been tuned.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Fly i was looking thru your mods and i was kinda curious to know what all you used for specs on them?? iam not looking for a huge all motor build, just something i can have fun with for my car for autox.... i need a strong bottomend torque to carry me thru the turns and the top end doesnt need to be so drastic.... so if you can help me with a few of these it would be greatly appreciated
if you put all that stuff in the motor, you would instantly be moved to street modified, a not so friendly class! and that my friend would suck. even if yuo install a cam, that would put you in street modified. I think STS or STX would be the class for our cars, or maybe even DSP if you wanted to spend the money on race tires!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
if you put all that stuff in the motor, you would instantly be moved to street modified, a not so friendly class! and that my friend would suck. even if yuo install a cam, that would put you in street modified. I think STS or STX would be the class for our cars, or maybe even DSP if you wanted to spend the money on race tires!

iam already in DSP class so thats not an issue.... cus iam runing coilovers, intake and rims that are 2" bigger then stock.... also the tech ppl at our local events are dumber then a box of rocks.... i kid you not.... they check for the basics, battery tie down, all lug nuts, license and ball joints... they make sure the car is safe more then anything..... lame i know lol.... so with me doing internal work and swapping out TB, Intake Mani etc etc they wont know a thing.... hell iam trying to become a member of the local SCCA cus the tech inspectors dont know sh*t about hondas lol.... if the lude was completly stock it would be in the HS class... with the cobalt ss and the accord lol

61 - 72 of 72 Posts