Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I dunno, looks like HP was pretty flat from 6000-on. Probably just a end-of run blip that gives you that tail.

I guess you didn't get any AF readings? Those are always fun* to get when you're running some basemap or stock setup.

*scary

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
not sure which run that was from, but it was starting to climb again...
they also might not have run it to 7, my shift light is set to 6700 or so...
(most of the stock b20 charts i've seen fall off at/below 6400, and mine was still sitting strong there...)

they weren't checking a/f b/c it was strictly just a dyno day for numbers...

i'm pretty happy with how it turned out...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well done Fly! You should be proud of those numbers on the stock ECU. You can see on the graph how much a tune will benefit. I think 200 whp is very attainable with some more power goodies and a tune. Keep it up man.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
903 Posts
That is pretty impressive for the reject honda motor. Like some people have said 200whp is pushing i think but i think you have a good thing going here. Lets see that graph!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
The green section says "torque/ flywheel" does that mean the numbers are all at the crank/fly?
actually, yes it does, to an extent. torque is actual pulling strength of the motor, not acceleration force. gearing can change the tq, but not mass of moving parts after the flywheel. and the dyno uses comparisons between rpm of the engine and speed of the dyno, so really, nothing affects the tq at all lol. crank tq is almost always practically identical to wheel tq, or hub tq. sometimes theres a hair differnce from friction in the drivetrain, but the entire drivetrain really has practically zero friction in comparison, so yeah. not even 1% difference between crank tq and wheel tq, let alone something halfway between.

its a wierd thing to try and explain, but basically the tq numbers are at the flywheel, and the hp is at whatever the dyno is attached to. in fly's case, the hubs. not the wheels, so the hp is not wheel hp, it is technically hub hp lol. which will always be higher than whp, but always lower than crank hp.

catch my drift?

and yes, judging by that chart, there is a LOT of room for improvement with a good tune. i mean a LOOOOOOT

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Nice numbers so far. Im sure that you will hit 180-200'ish soon enough, so keep at it.

Are you still going to NPM???

·
Not a Dude.
926 Posts
the one thing im curious about as well though, is what setting they used for the dyno when you ran it. cuz theres settings that test the power exactly how it comes out at the hubs, and theres settings where you can add in the diameter/circumference of the tire and the weight of each complete wheel, and it approximates the whp.

thats the only thing i dont like about the dynapack dynos, you can never tell which setting was used when people post results, cuz usually they dont even know either. which setting was used can result in up to about a 10% difference from true figure.
you know, engine dyno's measure actual crank power, roller dynos measure actual wheel power. dynapack dynos measure somewhere in between, but noone really knows exactly where cuz theres no way to determine exact drivetrain loss through the tranny and axles
They adjust the dyno for each car that goes on to put in the wheel size so that you get a Whp rating not a hub hp rating.

I think his numbers are really good considering that he's not tuned yet. That car is beautiful in person too btw. I love the paint on the hood :)

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
i know this is a little old.... but this is the first time i've been around in like a month & a half.

The car looks good and the numbers are good my friend.

I think with the T/b, ecu & a tune... she should be much closer to your 200 goal.

Good luck with it jon.

I must go now, & beat my cancerous pile of lude into the monster i want it to be.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
haha.. your bumped showed it to me for the first time :D

i can't complain, they're not bad at all...
i just want alot more ;)
true... untuned you got a 50% performance increase.

if a ecu/tune gives you 200, you really doubled your WHP.
and this is always good and pretty impressive for our engines.

but personaly, going N/A is an expensive way to get those numbers.

boosting your car would of given you bigger numbers for far less money.
IMO boosting our cars is the only way to go.

nice thread, good videos... and.. uh, seats ? :wave:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts