Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i'll have the chart up later, but it put down 153whp...

with a stock ignition, 4yr old wires and old plugs, along with the dirty ass filter, i guess that's not too bad...

i think a bigger TB and a tuned ecu are definitely in order...

i'm was kinda depressed, but i realize that for being completely untuned (the cam gears are only tuned to get it to idle) i'm doing pretty good...

ya know?

i'm pretty happy, and there's a couple dyno vids that'll be up soon...

i still think that 200whp with this setup and a couple tweaks is really feasible...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Don't be depressed man, you're pushing great power still...for the B20A lol. How many people have dyno'd higher than your All-motor? And yours is untuned and not even running to it's highest potential, I think you got an easy 15-20whp in there...maybe even more.

I'm rooting for ya, Jon!

So are number munchers!

/ot
OMFG, Frenchie!! You just brought a whole damn flood of childhood memories back. That was my favorite game in class, and stupid me totally forgot about it until now. I should paypal you money man...but I wont.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
did i call that or what? haha.

with a good tune, i can deffinitely see 170-180whp being squeezed out of that beast. i dont know about 200 though, thats pushin it i think.

now lets see that graph, i wanna see the curves, aka "area under the curve", for both tq and hp

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
wow almost h22 power out of b20a untunned, thats impressive, now spray it and beat a bunch of turbo b20a's.
nice numbers lets see the graph
and also what a sleeper that car would be

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
A lil off topic but what do 1999 mustangs get whp? I couldnt image more then 153 they arent fast cars highly overrated. Atleast the older series is. I'd say yours is faster then a mustang which is nice. Mine can definetly keep up with one.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
wow 153whp!!!!
i'm very impressed with an untuned ecu....

if i was going all motor i wood be doing the same mods you did fly.

but nope.....im going turbo with my low compression pistons.
currently pushing 138whp with aem ems ecu.....

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
the one thing im curious about as well though, is what setting they used for the dyno when you ran it. cuz theres settings that test the power exactly how it comes out at the hubs, and theres settings where you can add in the diameter/circumference of the tire and the weight of each complete wheel, and it approximates the whp.

so your whp figures may be true whp figures, or they may be hub hp figures, which would mean your whp figures would actually be in the low 140's.

thats the only thing i dont like about the dynapack dynos, you can never tell which setting was used when people post results, cuz usually they dont even know either. which setting was used can result in up to about a 10% difference from true figure.
you know, engine dyno's measure actual crank power, roller dynos measure actual wheel power. dynapack dynos measure somewhere in between, but noone really knows exactly where cuz theres no way to determine exact drivetrain loss through the tranny and axles

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 72 Posts