Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just recently purchased a rebuilt Turbonetics T3 turbo with most of the parts included to slap it on a 5th gen (Not being stupid and putting it on without a tune). The guy that I purchased it from loaded it in the back of his truck which had some mulch in the bed DOH.:wzbigcry:.

Unfortunately, some of that mulch made its way into the turbine wheel. I removed what I could but I'm afraid that some of it might have made its way deeper inside the housing. How the heck do I get it out guys? It was just rebuilt and I definitely don't want to get it rebuilt again if I don't have to.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
The fact that you bought a turbo from someone who put it in an environment that it could get debris in it that easily should tell you something about the condition it's in. Also, T3 doesn't tell you anything about the turbo, besides the fact that it has a T3 turbine.

Plan on taking it apart to be rebuilt. If ANYTHING is in that turbocharger, it will destroy it the first time you go to use it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact that you bought a turbo from someone who put it in an environment that it could get debris in it that easily should tell you something about the condition it's in. Also, T3 doesn't tell you anything about the turbo, besides the fact that it has a T3 turbine.

Plan on taking it apart to be rebuilt. If ANYTHING is in that turbocharger, it will destroy it the first time you go to use it.

I will say he provided a receipt proving it was recently rebuilt. I guess he just wasn't thinking when he put it back there as it was his fathers truck. So the only way to get anything out is to completely rebuild it again? Would compressed air get me anywhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts