Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still toy with these things that isn't almost 30 years old or older? Hell, does anyone under that even know what a 3rd gen is?!
If so, I have more pictures. This passes the time while hunting for houses I don't like. Feeling old.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
There are definitely still some young guys playing with 3rd gens. Usually not full-on builds, but wheels and a drop kinda thing. Like me and my car. :) I see a lot of young owners on Instagram, and locally I often see them with N magnets (denoting a novice driver here in BC).

So anyways... Always interested in lude pics!

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I'd bore you with my history but I don't care to post about it. Those who have known me on here for awhile is good enough. I will start with the car. It's my 5th god damn 3rd gen Prelude and I have no idea why. Maybe because it was the first car I ever owned. Hell, I entirely skipped posting my about my 4th one and I did a shit load to that thing. It was a heap. I made it better. Sold it. Got totaled by the dude's kid ONE month later. Life goes on.

Here is the latest one:

·
Registered
413 Posts
21 here and I plan to keep mine forever. Isn't a full blown 'build' yet but that's because funds haven't permitted yet, haha. Most people under 30 don't really build these like the old heads did, those that do are mostly on here!

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So the motor is in and running. Updates on that when I get the time. I suppose I could post the DC header restore. However, it turned out on me giving up on it...for now.

To keep it short:
Purchased off eBay for $175 from a shop back east that had it stored in back for years.
Knowing the condition it was in I fully anticipated restoring it.
Had it media blasted at Hydraulic Repair and Design.
Had cracked welds repaired at Stans Headers.
Re-ceramic coated by Performance Coatings.

Then the trouble began. Mated the header up to the head flange. Had about a millimeter gap on the left side of the header flange. Thus, the flange was not true. Likely due to flex from heat of the header pipes over the years combined with having the header welded off the car. Also, the flange that met the down pipe was extremely close to the block/oil pan. Would make sense with the deformation of the header. Mocked the down pipe up and it was angled upward so high that the advantage of the flex pipe wasn't enough as well as kissing the bottom of the oil pan.

Went forth with the install anyway in hopes of when I had the damaged section of the down pipe repaired on the car that the horrible fitment could be fixed with changing the angle of the new down pipe section. However, when installing that stupid EGR tube that bolts to the header; the weld on the bung broke. Not having it. Needs to be re-welded, right? Well, that would mean grinding away the ceramic coat in that section first...thus, wasting my $125 spent on the re-coat. I decided to install the stock manifold at that point for the time being.

Going back and looking at the pics before it was repaired I can see the rust spot at the bung and determined that crack slipped past me before I had all this work done. FML. Moving on!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm 25, have had the prelude for roughly 10 years now(jesus). Its gone through many phases, h22, repaints, storage.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ludeman69, that is fucking awesome. Thanks for posting buddy! I have since purchased another one for this car. Further updates to come when I feel like posting more pics. This site is extremely dinosaur to Facebook and all this multimedia shit we have now. Posting pics is a pain in the ass, lol. I don't post pics of my progress there though.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Still got mine! :) 10 years with my current one....
I like that alarm system! Does it tie into the factory lights and horn?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts