Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the old bulbs in my Gauges with LEDs. I now see some lights I didn't see before. SRS is now on. I reset it and it came back on within 15 minutes of driving. Another interesting light is my Cruise Control Light is on. Though when I use cruise control the light gets even brighter, and functions correctly. Also my oil light is on ( though very faint, only noticable at night ). Is it common to have shorts between the wires on back of gauge cluster?

The car runs fine, though I do have various oil leaks. I just keep checking the oil level and top it off when needed. Getting ready to consider having the engine overhauled. at 176K miles its due.

Let me know if anyone else has had these similar issues with their gauge cluster lights.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
If you were able to reset the SRS light, I would assume that means you have a code for it. What would that code be?

Oil light is common if you have a bad ground or pressure switch.

How is your alternator and all of your grounds? It's always iffy changing to LED when the car never came equipped with them from the factory.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you were able to reset the SRS light, I would assume that means you have a code for it. What would that code be?

Oil light is common if you have a bad ground or pressure switch.

How is your alternator and all of your grounds? It's always iffy changing to LED when the car never came equipped with them from the factory.
SRS light means there is something wrong with your airbags, cruise control is always on with driving lights. good luck with the oil light.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
SRS light means there is something wrong with your airbags, cruise control is always on with driving lights. good luck with the oil light.
Safety restraint system. Not specifically airbags. Could be seat belt buckle or even srs unit related. Unplugged airbag or faulty wiring.

Cruise control is never illuminated in the cluster unless engaged. And the switch is not green unless engaged.
Backlighting on the switch is normal.

You're quoting and replying to the wrong guy here. There is a light, and if resetable, there is something for a code reader to read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts