Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would i go about installing the gathers front center speakers? You have to cut the dash out or ????? and yes ive searched

·
Registered
786 Posts
i believe when u look at the underside of the dashboard there is a cutout mark, for where the center speaker would go. but you'd have to have the dash out of the car. not really worth it IMO. just get some nice speakers for the doors and rear deck.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anybody have the whole DSP speaker system with aftermarket speakers and headunit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the whole DSP system but not currently installed so to the firewall swap on the RHd being done.

It is BEST if you take out the dash and cut along the shown areas to install the speaker. there is 2 speakers in the DSP center speaker. I had the left go to the left speakers and the right go to the right spekers. It was just temp while I looked for the DSP unit. Picked one up off ebay about a month ago for 30 bucks including shipping and the JDM headunit.

its not really hard to install but the USDN car does not have the wires for the unit so you must do all your wiring but its pretty simple if you have the wires on the rear amp and on your DSP unit.

if your installing this system (speakerwise) it can be done with a normal head unit.

becareful in clipping the unit in. if you cut right were it tells you then you should be ok. I cut mine a bit short and broke the frame putting it in. luckly I picked up a new one cheaper then before for the new RHD dash going in the car.

here is an old pic of the LHD dash with it installed.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
It may be best to take the dash out, but like I said, it's COMPLETELY unnecessary to take it out just for a dash speaker, just cut two small squares in the center at the logical location, and stick a tape measure and feel where the grooves are to where the cutout is, I cut my dash perfectly and I'm about to wire my center speaker into an amp as well. Pics are in my update thread.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody have all 9 (center 2 DSP's, 1 DSP 6x9, 2 factory tweeters, 2 factory door and 2 rear speakers) +2 subs and an aftermarket headunit? If so how many amps and where are the center DSP and 6x9 hooked into?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts