Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... iv got a chikira header and yeah my gaskets have blown, i need the gasket from the header to the down pipe and the downpipe to the cat, anyone know where i can get them?

and dont say autozone or advanced....... they cant find shit and neither can i online.... i bought some DIY gasket shit and it blew out within a mile so yeah wtf...

any ideas?

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
I've got one. You could try making a new gasket again, only this time do it properly. I have the exact same header as you, and my gasket blew there too 'cause I didn't sufficiently tighten the fasteners. When I couldn't find a gasket, I got some of that Mr. Gasket shit and some Ultra Copper goo. I put that goo around all of the holes, so all of the bolt holes and both of the big holes that exhaust goes through. Slop that shit on, 'cause that's the stuff that's going to keep that gasket from blowing. I've had this gasket in there since last year and haven't had any problems. You do have to go ape on the fasteners, though, and that's kinda brutal with the way they have threaded some of the holes in the flange. I can't remember which one. You can get those fasteners way tighter if you drill out the threads. Also, you're going to have to use actual bolts and not studs. This worked for me, and as I said before, I haven't had one problem with this thing since drilling out the threads and changing out the gasket.

--J

EDIT: Pardon me. I'm referring strictly to the gasket that hangs out between the header and Y-pipe. I never got the gasket that goes between the Y-pipe and cat. I had to modify a stock one to get it to fit. Oddly enough, it hasn't bitten the green wiener... yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the only one that blew for me was the one to the cat, i replaced both of them with make it your self shit because i had to replace my oil pan.... struck something ect... so it was a good time to fix that blown gasket... but now they have both blown... gay

ill try what you suggested

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Yeah. That Ultra Copper stuff is for ultra high-temp applications, so the new gasket should hold if you slop that stuff on it. Remember to put it on both sides, and around all of the holes. Unless you don't tighten up the fasteners sufficiently, the new gasket ought to stay together.

--J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts