Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was planning on getting a si model but then my friend came along and pissed on whhat i had was motivation he said that si use premium gas... so my question is what type of gas does model si use and wut about vtech? i know that vtech is not as fast as a h23 with turbo, but can it be sttill good for racing? what i want is a nice looking car with nice interior but still able to haul ass if sumone wanna race me at a light... or highway.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gas

Well the only difference in all the gasses is the detergents they use. Other than that its all the same!! I can't use Shell gas in any of my cars because the lifters rattle!! PB and Mobile or Marathon works for me!!

My Lude has never had nothing but 93 in it since day 1!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
its been my experience that mobil gives you the best mileage...we went from new york back home an hour south of roanoke, va...we filled up the gas tank in new york with mobil reg and made it 6 hours to virginia before having to fill up again..then we filled up at sheetz and only made it 3 hours before having to stop and fill up again..the last time we stop at an exon and filled up and still almost had a full tank when we made it home an hour later...only problem is there are no mobils near by that i know ofin southwestern virginia

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdawgs92ludesi said:
stock for stock the vtec is faster but the h23 isnt slow at all...and yes on the si you need to use premium fuel to prevent detonation and causing premature motor failure
so turboing a h23 makes no difference? h22 can still match its speed?

·
Registered
513 Posts
93a_si_an_boii said:
so turboing a h23 makes no difference? h22 can still match its speed?
from what ive learned on this site, most people reather turbo an h23 over the vtec h22,thi is because the h23 stock is a 2.3 litre over an h22 2.2 litre, and i believe it's just easier/safer to turbo a h23

however, if you know what your doin and are excelent in the firld of turboing, i would imagine you could push more out of an h22

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
93a_si_an_boii said:
i was planning on getting a si model but then my friend came along and pissed on whhat i had was motivation he said that si use premium gas... so my question is what type of gas does model si use and wut about vtech? i know that vtech is not as fast as a h23 with turbo, but can it be sttill good for racing? what i want is a nice looking car with nice interior but still able to haul ass if sumone wanna race me at a light... or highway.. what do you guys think?
UTFSE

AHHHH!!!!!!!

VTECH's use electricity. you plug it into the wall. depending on which one you get, they range from the 2.4ghz-5.9 or whichever. please use the search engines, there are plenty of threads relating to premium gas as well as turbo and h23's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts