Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man-I don't know what everyone else is paying, but here in SoCal, (North San Diego County) I just paid $3.21 this morning! Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick! (my apologies) And they say it'll go higher. Even my sweet old Prelude doesn't get good enough gas mileage for these prices. What's everyone else paying?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Prices are nuts out here in N.Y. and N.J. I know N.Y. is around 3.40 a gallon and in jersey is 10 or 15 cents cheaper which may change during this week, I think!! I know the prices are going to go higher and higher!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
yeah im thinking about getting a bike

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
3.10, i wouldn't be surprised if we make it to 4 dollars for the summer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If it hits $4 this summer, I'm going to become really good at riding my bike.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
well it was 3.11 earlier today! Now it's 3.17!:xloc:

I should have gotten gas this morning!!!!!!:rocketwhore::rocketwhore:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i dont know your outdated measurement system...gallons mean nothing to me.
but i am paying au$1.50 per litre.
that works out to about us$1.25 per litre.
how many litres in a gallon?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Manabir said:
i dont know your outdated measurement system...gallons mean nothing to me.
but i am paying au$1.50 per litre.
that works out to about us$1.25 per litre.
how many litres in a gallon?
Hmm , dollar can here, thats about 1.17 aus

·
Registered
250 Posts
crashiks said:
in Europe we have prices from about 1 euro till 1,5 euro per liter.
its about 4,5-6$ per galon
The reason why high gas sucks here is because we have no mass transit system worth a squat like most europe does. There is NO mass transit i can take to work (30 mi one way). My town (20k or so people) has no taxi service, no busses to go to the next city, and our train tracks (in Elizabethton) haven't been used in years. Trust me if there was a mass transit system in place i could use I'd be on it in a heartbeat. I wish we'd get some sort of good mass transit going in my area from city to city. America may have mass transit in cities like New York, but a lot of people in America live in smaller towns and transit to the larger cities...where you have to drive to get to work. In my opinion, it is ridiculous that probably about 1,000-2,000 people in my county drive 20+ miles to work in the same city and have no mass transit to get there. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xeroxruler said:
The reason why high gas sucks here is because we have no mass transit system worth a squat like most europe does. There is NO mass transit i can take to work (30 mi one way). My town (20k or so people) has no taxi service, no busses to go to the next city, and our train tracks (in Elizabethton) haven't been used in years. Trust me if there was a mass transit system in place i could use I'd be on it in a heartbeat. I wish we'd get some sort of good mass transit going in my area from city to city. America may have mass transit in cities like New York, but a lot of people in America live in smaller towns and transit to the larger cities...where you have to drive to get to work. In my opinion, it is ridiculous that probably about 1,000-2,000 people in my county drive 20+ miles to work in the same city and have no mass transit to get there. :(
A-FING-MEN!!!!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
xeroxruler said:
Yeah, in places like London you really don't need a car. Outside of commuting to and from town, the tube system is so efficient you could survive on that all day.

I couldn't believe how cool that was. It sort of explains why most English working men are so skinny. (all of the walking to tube stations)

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Yeah the Tube maybe ok in London, but the Metrolink in Manchester where I'm from isnt as good, I still use my car for all transport needs, even if we have seen our fuel rise to 93.9p a litre! I'd say were the highest in the world for fuel costs!

But remember there is always this!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts