1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this letter has been goi around sounds like a good idea

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came
from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a
gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth
offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a
price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBILE . If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an imp act, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
and Mobile gas buyers. (Why those 2?) It's really simple to do!
Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,00 0)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from
EXXON/MOBILE UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK !

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Exxon in North Austin is actually cheaper than Shell right now. The only way that this will work is if someone gets to the radios. Exxon doesn't pay for advertising on the radio so no stations should get sued for violating a contract for saying "dont buy exxon gas!"I just realised that i havent bought Exxon for the last 8+ tanks...I guess I was unintentionally helping.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i have never bought exxon, my lude gets chevron supreme since day 1

·
TT driving lude fan
1,171 Posts
i honestly dont even think i have an exxon or mobil nearby to not use... besides i use shell (since its right down the street) or hess (cheapest gas in the area)

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
is shell shell? what company are they run under, see what i'm gettin' at? 76 has there conoco/phillips thing now under their logo...

·
Registered
472 Posts
This is a very simple yet very brilliant concept; its called the "free market". Its one of the things that makes America such a great country. I learned quite a bit about this stuff in micro/macroeconomics while in college.

...but...those two oil companies have so much money & resources & power that without us even knowing it, they could be selling under different names, chains, and easily beat us at the game.

This is one of those controversial subjects like abortion that could be argued upon for days/weeks:eek:mg:

I usually buy gas @ mom & pop stations BTW.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
I generally get Enmark or Shell. Personally, I've enver put in Exxon or Mobil 1 in my car. The parentals probably haven't in a good 7 years.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its a good plan but i have my doubts. Lets say a large mass of people actually do ban exxon and force them to lower thier gas prices.and say exxon lowers thier prices maybe 10 cents. So instead of it being 3.32 for premium its now 3.23. I find it hard to believe that there are many people who would still buy the more expensive gas. We all want gas to be back in the lower 2 dollar range, but 10 cents isnt gona do that. We would need more than a 50 cent drop. Now, i think people would give in and buy exxon at 10 cent drop, but just imagine how many people would buy exxon of it was a bigger drop, like 20 cents. I think it would be pretty hard to resist buying gas that is 20 cents cheaper. Im not trying to say that the plan is bad and that it wont work, im saying its gona take alot of discipline.
In my town, a 20 cent drop wouldnt even get premium in the 2 dollar range again.If exxon goes down 20 cents, we cant start buying from them again because then the whole plan would end there and gas would be only 20 cents cheaper. I know every penny counts, but we need a muchhhh bigger drop than that. Ive stopped buying exxon cause i think its a good idea and its definetly worth a try, but i still have my doubts about how much of drop this plan will produce. Maybe I just need to put more faith in the discipline of gas buyers not to buy cheaper gas. or maybe im not understanding the plan correctly...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I only use shell because I get a 5% discount...MUHAHAHA!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I'll only say this once. This gas increase is plan that has been in the making for about 6-7 years. The oil guys have been very slowly cutting back on production. The increase in demand from other countries has only helped speed things up.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
OMega said:
I'll only say this once. This gas increase is plan that has been in the making for about 6-7 years. The oil guys have been very slowly cutting back on production. The increase in demand from other countries has only helped speed things up.
so true.

HondaPowa said:
I usually buy gas @ mom & pop stations BTW.
same here.

·
Registered
509 Posts
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!! dont matter if you buy gas at exxon or not can we start with who YOU GUYS ELECTED FOR PRESIDENT:devil: and whose the Vice President???Bush an oil guy from TEXAS!!!!!u think they care about the environment and pollution and how much we are paying no! cmon. PROFITS IN THEIR POCKETS. Government at a point must put its foot down but dont wait up fellas for these guys to really take on this issue

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeah bushes millions are in oil.. so as long as things are going the way there going in the middle east, He makes monet, and I think thats all he cares about..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts