Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decited to keep my lude since I've had it for so long, so since im keeping it I gotta rebuild it the way i want it, so i decited to rewire, shave and repaint the engine bay, also remove ac, ps, and abs. I hope i finish the car before i get my license back, which is in March. So i started the build last week. Here are pics from last week. and i will try to update this thread as soon as possible.

Before I started:

Started taking apart

that where i got so far. About to go out and start working. Will post pics at end of day

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Awesome. I can't wait to start working on mine again.

Those are dropzone coilovers on stock shocks, right? No problems still?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow man you ripped that bastard apart lol. Good luck with your project.

Reactions: GA bb4

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Wow, good luck with everything. Can't wait to see more updates.

Shaving down the body/frame welds in the bay? Would that be safe? Haven't looked much into it but have thought bout it, one friend just said wouldn't recommend but just his opinion.

What are you doing with the interior to have pulled out everything you did under the dash?

Taking out SRS to? Think I've heard that can be illegal lol... but only if they can find out I guess lol. Think I'll keep my passenger airbag out cause that thing was heavy as hell, but keeping rest of it.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Plenty of people have shaved bays. Filler might crack if you put a lot on and have stiff suspension, but the welds are going to be stronger than the seam sealer they use from the factory, so you're safe there.

I don't have any airbags either..

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the comments guys, and yeah i took out SRS ,ac and heat, and i'm gonna try to use just a little bondo not a lot, its mostly going to be welding

Update 02: didnt get much done today cuz i was helping my dad change the right wheel bearing on my moms Odyssey, so all i got done was take all the interior to my garage and take the carpet out, and i also took out the ABS computer thing out, here are pics

my garage

also got the cd player for free today from my friend, i like the way it looks

also these came in today, ordered them last week they were like 120 shipped and they are in really good condition and also came with the bulbs and wiring, but i will black house them and retrofit them also

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^im lost

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Haha! Omg you have a big wheel in your garage and don't even know it. I used to pimp one of those when I was a kid. Talk about some plastic wheel burnouts, haha.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Plenty of people have shaved bays. Filler might crack if you put a lot on and have stiff suspension, but the welds are going to be stronger than the seam sealer they use from the factory, so you're safe there.

I don't have any airbags either..

Ok think I'm a little confused. You've shaved the "seam sealer" then welding over and shaving down again? Huh?

And usually when I see or hear shaving a bay its just filling holes.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yeah the the trike is my bros lol

^ I scrapped off the seam sealer and am going to weld the cracks then grind them down and if the surface is uneven i'll add some bondo, same with holes i dont need, i'm gonna weld them shut then grind down the welds and use bondo if the surface is uneven

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome. I can't wait to start working on mine again.

Those are dropzone coilovers on stock shocks, right? No problems still?
well the coilovers are those cheap ebay ones, and yeah no problems, i just gotta get new bump stops for the shocks

anyone know where i can get some good bump stops for a decent price?

·
Registered
762 Posts
kinda on/off topic...

thats a flux-cored welder? which model? do you like it for automotive work, or gotten something else?

but good work. i wish i could do that someday...

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
oh yeah the the trike is my bros lol

^ I scrapped off the seam sealer and am going to weld the cracks then grind them down and if the surface is uneven i'll add some bondo, same with holes i dont need, i'm gonna weld them shut then grind down the welds and use bondo if the surface is uneven

ok see I didn't see mention of you actually welding anywhere at first so I was assuming you weren't and got kinda confused for a sec lol. makes sense now.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts