Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today on the way to skool..

i stopped at a light and like 2 secs later a G35X sedan pulls next to me. a bussiness guy pshhh....so he looked over at me and laughed..so i was like oh no!

so wen the light was turning yellow on the other side i started reving it up..then so did he...so the light goes green and we both go for it at the top of 3rd i was a fender ahead.

then 4th gear then a lil futher ahead then he stopped and stayed behind me........ it wasnt a good kill but i tried lool

·
Registered
160 Posts
2000BB6 said:

i stopped at a light and like 2 secs later a G35X sedan pulls next to me. a bussiness guy pshhh....so he looked over at me and laughed..so i was like oh no!

so wen the light was turning yellow on the other side i started reving it up..then so did he...so the light goes green and we both go for it at the top of 3rd i was a fender ahead.

then 4th gear then a lil futher ahead then he stopped and stayed behind me........ it wasnt a good kill but i tried lool
Good kill nonetheless...

·
Registered
840 Posts
2000BB6 said:
so wen the light was turning yellow on the other side i started reving it up..then so did he...
hmm had no idea g35s came in manual transmissions, unless ofcourse he poped neutral then put it back in D like ol' grama.
either way good job killin the bitch watch him go back to the dealer with it and complain he got his ass whooped by a 4banger :p

·
Registered
568 Posts
2000BB6 said:
Sure you were...

Good kill though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
G35 has a manual option I think, dont quote me on it, but this means you run low 14's @ 100ish. I am impressed.

·
Registered
840 Posts
N/Apower said:
G35 has a manual option I think, dont quote me on it, but this means you run low 14's @ 100ish. I am impressed.
checked
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Infiniti&model=G35&trimid=-1

scroll to the bottom and see...its high 14s if not low 15s just about wut a slightly modded 5th gen can pull with a good driver , and just because a car has a "tested" 1/4mile time listed doesnt mean that anyone in any conditions can pull off those times.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I could have sworn they had a G35/350Z shootout one time and the G35 layed a 14.3. I have been wrong before though so i will concede this point b/c it is in no way my forte :) Good kill reguardless. Thos G35 owners do have quite the complex sometimes, not as bad as Z owners though, lol.

Sadly I live across the street from a Z owner (same parkinglot, appartments) and she refuses to race me or anyone else.

·
Registered
445 Posts
wow, ok umm...no

G35 sedans (260hp model) was good for mid-high 14s. Newer ones are mid-low 14sec cars. And as far as 350z's go, they are capable of high 13s in the right drivers hands, but are typically low 14 sec cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you guys are talking about the sedans right.....because there is no way the G35 coupe and 350Z runs a 15sec 1/4 mile time......b/c if so I can beat them.....both

·
Registered
848 Posts
Bluedlude, are you the guy who said his stock 00' takes LS1's from a highway roll???? The validity of your last post jives with whoever claimed that.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dem1K said:
wow, ok umm...no

G35 sedans (260hp model) was good for mid-high 14s. Newer ones are mid-low 14sec cars. And as far as 350z's go, they are capable of high 13s in the right drivers hands, but are typically low 14 sec cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love preludes more than anything(ask 2zz) but even I find that race a little fishy. But if youre telling the truth then way go keeping up with him:smilejap:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i hate g35 sedans... driven around town they are comfortable, push them through a slalon or some turns and you feel totally disconnected with the car... sloppy steering imo.

nice race, never seen a manual one though, auto revv?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bluedlude, are you the guy who said his stock 00' takes LS1's from a highway roll???? The validity of your last post jives with whoever claimed that.
never said anything remotely like that? but anyway, basing what i say on watching them go down the dragstrip and looking at the huge flashing times id say they run in the 15s.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Either way - good kill just because he laughed at you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts