Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Initially I put these at their "soft" setting and they are definitely stiffer than my springs and strut combo I previously had on the car. Now once I put them on the stiff setting they don't seem any different at a "normal" pace. But as soon as you get on it in any type of turn, curve, slope, or anything else that isn't straight the come alive and you immediately feel the difference. I personally have been riding on these on the stiff setting and refuse to change it. But the set is priced excellent. Not to mention you get to choose your spring rates to further tailor the system to your driving style or vehicle setup. The only thing that will catch you off guard is the packaging. The coilovers and the box says Type-2 but the 2.5's are type-2's revalved for strong spring rates and eibach springs are also installed. I purchased my set from weaksauce. They have great customer service and very fast shipping. Here is a link:

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/home.php?cat=812

I chose the 12k front and 10k rear setup for the moment. These are on my track car so I will eventually be ugrading to either 12k or 14k in the rear, but so far I haven't found a need to do so. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
any Pics of them installed?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would also I like to see this. I currently have F&F 1s to slam my car but would like to have gotten stiffer coilovers for when I track it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I should have some in my build thread. But I'll post some up in here too.

I would also I like to see this. I currently have F&F 1s to slam my car but would like to have gotten stiffer coilovers for when I track it.
Yeah I didn't want to get a setup that was too soft and I didn't want to get something too aggressive right off the bat so I went with 12k front and 10k rear. But I will soon have 14k's in the rear. I broke down the part number on the eibach springs so I know which ones to order directly from eibach.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

My driveway is a hellacious hill though. So It actually sits a hair lower but not much. The rear can tuck the rim if I lower it all the way but the fronts are bottemed out. The only way to get the front lower is to release the preloaded tension off of the springs but of course the con to that is a blown out strut assembly after about 6months.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's looking great Dk...I really like those wheels as well. I've been hearing a lot about f&f type 2's recently, so when(and if) I get to suspension upgrading, I'll definitely be looking at those. Hope you've been well!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what does anyone know about the type 1s and 2s? i'm startin to shop around and i've heard good things about function form.
Type are good. I have a set of Type-1's on my wife's 91 Integra. They are really good in ride quality and stiffness given the price you pay for them. The Type-2's are the same except you can adjust the strut stiffness. Of course you pay a little extra for this luxury. And of course the 2.5's are the same as the type-2's but they come with comes eibach springs and rates of your choice. The 1's are good if you plan on daily driving the car and having the occasional track day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most coilovers adjust only rebound as theyre valved to be soft on compression to allow the spring to move. As such, typically adjustments are only very noticeable when driving aggressively.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts