Honda Prelude Forum banner

Fujitsubo Legalis - R Cat-back Exhaust

18K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  DeCarloCalloway01 
#1 ·
I love this Exhaust...

It is JASMA approved :D

I don't know if this applies to all the exhaust, but mine also has a serial number embedded to the exhaust it looks neat, since the first two letters are black while the numbers are all polished.

When I first got it and compared to my stock exhaust, the weight between the two was a big difference... The stock one was way way heavier.

Another thing I noticed that the brackets that holds the exhaust up are hollow.

Just one problem though... the exhaust was a tad bit longer than the stock one, I don't know why it was about 1" longer. So have a muffler shop to cut an inch off the pipe.

After installation, the sound of the exhaust was near stock. One Note I want to emphasize is that, an exhaust does not need to sound loud to give any performance gain. At high rpms the exhaust was not too loud nor sounded like a rice rocket.

After driving around for a while with this system, my car feels smoother. The vtec crossover was smooth as well. When I was in 4th gear @ 4000rpm and wanted to pass someone, I did not need to down shift to third and do a rapid change lane, I just opened the throttle more and the car picked up SMOOTHLY with no problems.

My MPG has gone up as well.

I do not have any sound clips at the moment, but I have a few pictures...

See less See more
#2 ·
I love this Exhaust...

It is JASMA approved :D

I don't know if this applies to all the exhaust, but mine also has a serial number embedded to the exhaust it looks neat, since the first two letters are black while the numbers are all polished.

When I first got it and compared to my stock exhaust, the weight between the two was a big difference... The stock one was way way heavier.

Another thing I noticed that the brackets that holds the exhaust up are hollow.

Just one problem though... the exhaust was a tad bit longer than the stock one, I don't know why it was about 1" longer. So have a muffler shop to cut an inch off the pipe.

After installation, the sound of the exhaust was near stock. One Note I want to emphasize is that, an exhaust does not need to sound loud to give any performance gain. At high rpms the exhaust was not too loud nor sounded like a rice rocket.

After driving around for a while with this system, my car feels smoother. The vtec crossover was smooth as well. When I was in 4th gear @ 4000rpm and wanted to pass someone, I did not need to down shift to third and do a rapid change lane, I just opened the throttle more and the car picked up SMOOTHLY with no problems.

My MPG has gone up as well.

I do not have any sound clips at the moment, but I have a few pictures...

Looks really good, and I bet it sounds great too. I had a Fujitsubo legalis on my MR2 and it was so quite, yet flowed really well. I loved it.

What size piping is it?

#7 ·
For more info:

BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC

Basic model of high efficiency and large-diameter exhaust.

Tuned up cars from a normal car, both efficiency and high torque at high rpm's low and medium rpm range.

MAIN SILENCER & TAIL END

Basic information

Product name Legalis R Part No. 760-53441 Price ¥ 94,500 (¥ 90,000 tax) JASMA number 92 000275 JAN code 4944997757416 Compatible models BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC Body type: E-BB1-E-BB4 Engine Model: H22A Year: H3.09 ~ H8.11 Notices Order products
Remarks Detailed data include BB4

Specification

Exit geometry 90φ Slash (8 °) Pipe diameter 60.5φ Minimum ground clearance Roof Height 1295mm (1290mm car registration) measurements by car, the intermediate pipe (from 129mm behind rear axle) 130mm in Accessory list
  • Gasket seals × 1
  • × 1 ring gasket
  • M10 × 20 × 2 set of flange bolts and nuts

Spec

Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO Maximum output 128.4kw (174.6ps) 133.2kw (181.2ps) Muffler Weight - 15.2kg
The company tested the ※. Vehicle data is measured, depends on measurement conditions.

Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO

Idle Volume
66dB 65dB Exhaust noise near (5100rpm)
93dB 92dB 3000rpm 76dB 76dB
5000rpm 87dB 85dB
4000rpm ~ 6000rpm
Response 100dB 98dB

#10 ·
Without the silencer... I love mine!!!
Im seriously thinking about picking one up, but I've never heard it in person, their are very few preludes in st.louis for reference Haha. I mean if you don't mind me shooting you some questions,does it have a nice tone? Like I want an exhaust that I won't ft annoyed with. Ex. Highway drone at 3500.. if it makes sense I want something that sounds pretty close to stock but distinct enough that when I'm WOT its like a different car. Sound wise. Idk this sounds a lot harder than what I'm trying to explain. Haha

#13 ·
Just put it on my 5th gen. Along with an obx high-flow cat. Sounds amazing and its not even broke in yet. Just like I wanted its got a nice quiet tone in town driving but WOT its got some character to it. Beautifully put together looks amazing! I would recommend this exhaust to EVERY prelude out there.

#15 ·
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it...

if you want to buy one brand new... it'll run you $985

i have a connection in the UK... LMK...

By the way, I replied to everyone's emails

#18 ·
^^ WOW... Now that's a deal!!!! post pix
It hasn't arrived yet. I'll post picks when I get time to put it on, but I warn you now, my bumper is effed. It looks like the previous owner somehow got the exhaust hot enough (or something more idiotic) to melt the oem rear lip and bumper :laugh:.

#21 ·
I finally got to put my Legalis R catback on the car today. This is my DD so I didn't want anything annoying. It is fantastic! I'm using a Magnaflow direct fit cat, stock header, and the stock airbox. It might be a tiny bit louder than OEM at idle from inside the car. Blipping the throttle makes some wonderful low pitched burbles that you can only get from a large diameter tip. While accelerating, you can hear it up to about 3200-3500 rpm but then the sound from the motor overpowers it. If you had a CIA or short ram, I'm not sure if you would hear it at all. At cruising speeds, it is about the same as stock but has more of a growl. The butt-dyno didn't detect any more power, but with 150k+ miles on the motor this was expected. My only complaint is the connection between the mid-pipe and the tail section hangs kinda low. I'm thinking I can tweek the hanger closest to this area and get it to do better. Overall, I am very pleased with this exhaust.

#24 ·
Anyone running this exhaust have a clip?

#25 ·
I'll create a clip... but now my exhaust sounds even sexier....

I just added my Fujitsubo Super EX header :D

#26 ·
Update:
Well, mine has been on the car a little over a month now and it has gotten a tiny bit louder. This is the first exhaust I have ever had do this. Usually they get quieter. It is still not annoyingly loud but while cruising on the interstate and such, I have to turn the radio up a little more than I used to. Oh well, I still love it.

#27 ·
Update:
Well, mine has been on the car a little over a month now and it has gotten a tiny bit louder. This is the first exhaust I have ever had do this. Usually they get quieter. It is still not annoyingly loud but while cruising on the interstate and such, I have to turn the radio up a little more than I used to. Oh well, I still love it.
Check for any exhaust leaks, the instructions say that after you drive 100 miles or so, you should lift the car and check if everything is fine...

it actually should sound quieter, more quiet than stock...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.