Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
regulator

No it won't as the 2.0 is injected your 1.8 is carbed they work at completely different pressures, but you can get a carbed fuel pressure regulator and fit it into the engine bay and increase the pressure to say 4psi or maybe bit more, i did that and works quite well but i also put in a race fuel pump that can deliver the fuel and increase the pressure the stock one will barely go above 3psi.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I picked up a Carb'd FPR at AutoZone for like $15. It's a complete pile, but it does the trick. It has a scale on it, you set it from 1-5, and when you set it up on 5, my pressure gauge shows 3. So they're not accurate, but they can do the trick. I also am running a Holley Red fuel pump. Noisy thing, but pumps loads of fuel.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I picked up a Carb'd FPR at AutoZone for like $15. It's a complete pile, but it does the trick. It has a scale on it, you set it from 1-5, and when you set it up on 5, my pressure gauge shows 3. So they're not accurate, but they can do the trick. I also am running a Holley Red fuel pump. Noisy thing, but pumps loads of fuel.
Is the FPR you got from Holley also? Mine is basically the same way (not very accurate), and I think I have the same fuel pump on mine. LOL :Rock:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Is the FPR you got from Holley also? Mine is basically the same way (not very accurate), and I think I have the same fuel pump on mine. LOL :Rock:
No, the FPR is just the thing they have in the "V8" section at auto zone. Where they have all the red, white, and blue pipe fittings and stainless braided PVC breathers and shit like that. :colgate: Your fuel pump all noisy too, goes BRRRRRRRRRRR? I can hear mine from like 200 feet away. If I leave the key on in the garage, I can hear that damn thing running inside my house even! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
No, the FPR is just the thing they have in the "V8" section at auto zone. Where they have all the red, white, and blue pipe fittings and stainless braided PVC breathers and shit like that. :colgate: Your fuel pump all noisy too, goes BRRRRRRRRRRR? I can hear mine from like 200 feet away. If I leave the key on in the garage, I can hear that damn thing running inside my house even! :crazy:
Yeah mine's that loud too. LOL Everyone asks me what's wrong with my car that's making the loud noise. I just tell them it's because the car's so fast that it needs a loud fuel pump just to keep up with the required fuel. LMAO :)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Dude, I tried that link and it doesn't work. :confused: :laugh:

C|
Don't feel bad...so did I. LOL :roll:

The reason our fuel pumps are so loud, Gamerkiller3000, is because we both have aftermarket fuel pumps. Mine, IIRC, is actually for a V-8 and pushes 5-7psi. And due to the pressure difference from stock (our carbs run on 1.5psi) is why we put on the aftermarket FPRs. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Don't feel bad...so did I. LOL :roll:

The reason our fuel pumps are so loud, Gamerkiller3000, is because we both have aftermarket fuel pumps. Mine, IIRC, is actually for a V-8 and pushes 5-7psi. And due to the pressure difference from stock (our carbs run on 1.5psi) is why we put on the aftermarket FPRs. :)

yea wouldnt that be fun to watch about 7 psi going through your carbs, of course an fi fuel pump would probally be a little more fun to watch, what is that like 30 psi or something, now that would blow some seals

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
yea wouldnt that be fun to watch about 7 psi going through your carbs, of course an fi fuel pump would probally be a little more fun to watch, what is that like 30 psi or something, now that would blow some seals
Hell yeah! That would make for interesting conversation! LMAO :laugh:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
fuel pressure

I think it's a little more than 1.5 more like 3 i run mine at 4psi seems to like it get good AFR across the rev range. And they don't leak!!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
LOL! that would be tight! oh and just call me gamer for short! lol! Also i am going to be putting on a 205/60 tire on my 13' in. wheels! that is going to be sick! lol!
That's the same size I have on mine. It gave my car a little bit better handling characteristics due to the lower profile. And I want all the handling I can get and still be fairly stock since I race my '87 in SCCA AutoX. I kinda liking kickin a$$ in the H-Stock class. :megacool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts