Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Could be a lot of things other than fuel injectors. Fuel injectors are one of the last parts that you'd expect to crap out on you.

If your motor cranks but doesn't start, you're either:
1 - not moving air through the motor (stuck butterfly valve on intake, obstruction in intake or exhaust piping, broken valves not seating/opening properly)
2 - not getting spark from the spark plugs (bad plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor, ignition coil, distributor...)
3 - not getting fuel to the cylinders (dead fuel pump, blown fuel pump fuse, clogged fuel filter, bad injector(s)...)
4 - your timing is out (timing belt skipped a tooth or broke all together)
5 - your gas tank is empty

These are just the most common reasons this could happen. There are many more that aren't as likely to happen, but can. And if you search around you'll probably find a good few topics about people's cars not starting and what their problem was, just so you have a little more to look at.

·
Registered
188 Posts
try a SMALL spray of starting fluid. you'll know immediately if it's an issue with fuel delivery or if you have no spark.

troubleshoot from there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this is common thing to have it take a crap on me? It worked fine, then it suddenly went bad. My car turns over when I try and start it, but it won't start completely. Dumb car.
I parked my car one day and the next morning I got up to go to work and the car would crank but it would not start up it just kept going and going and I could not figure it out I changed everything battery starter I checked all the fuses all that and I couldn't find nothing some guy in line at AutoZone told me to check the crankshaft position sensor I didn't even know what that is so whenever I did check it and bought a new one on Amazon for like 25 bucks car started right up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts