Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best way to get my fuel gauge back to accurate reading. i have gotton a few ways from other people now i want to get your guys opinon. any suggestions

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it had been sitting with old fuel for probably a year and im replacing evrything and that just happens to be off by like a quarter. just want to see if you can get it back to accurate readings.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man big help. in my case ill try filling it all the way cuz it never shows full it just says i have a quarter of a tank of gas left when im empty. guess we will find out haha.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
thanks man big help. in my case ill try filling it all the way cuz it never shows full it just says i have a quarter of a tank of gas left when im empty. guess we will find out haha.
Not a problem, that's why this website is here and if I see something that I know about, I'll chime in.

Did this car ever have a swap done to it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah it has just been sitting for years. just to get it to run i had to replace filters, gas pump, full on tune up that is not evern close to being done but it will be worth it. The gas was so old that you could barley light it with a lighter haha bad times.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Have you ever ran the vender number to see if anything has changed from when it left the factory?

When you say, sitting for years....WOW!!! you are lucky it can even run at all. Have you put some heet in the tank yet? I would or just drain the tank and fill it up with some better gas. If you are going to let it sit for a long time again, I would add some Sta-bilt to the gas tank. Keeps the gas from going bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i drained the tank from the drain bolt. i got this hsit that works wounders and i recommend this to anyone with fuel troubles. it is called 44k Gold its abot 20 bucks but treats up to like 20 gallons or something. you can tell a diffrence in power, and at the same time it is cleaning the gunk off your valves and pistons and cleaning out the lines and injecters.:)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Good call, smart move. Sounds like you have your situation under control. ^^^^^

good luck

·
Registered
739 Posts
My brother had a similar problem with a Mazda B2200. When we would fill the tank it would indicate empty. As you drove around it started coming up to about a half a tank where it started reading right. All the way down to empty, again!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea just have a few more kinks and its running like it should. the idling is still pissing me off though. im gonna try and loosin up the throttle cable. it has no give at all it hink it might be pulling a little toomuch. pain in the ass but ill find a way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts