Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace the fuel filter yesterday, tighten everything down with 2 washer on the bonjo bolt, then I put back the fuel pump fuse and primed the fuel pump, all I heard is gas leaking on the ground, so I checked is the input side that leaks, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Thank you very much

·
Administrator
6,798 Posts
Do you have the washers setup so it's 1 on each side of the fitting? They are not meant to be double stacked as it sounds you did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the washers setup so it's 1 on each side of the fitting? They are not meant to be double stacked as it sounds you did.
Yea I put one on each side, but now I know what’s the problem. I bought the new filter from Napa, it looks the same as OEM but when I look closer, the threads for the input line are different. So I just went to the dealership order one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm..hope threads on input line not screwed up....it wouldn't rely on the threads to seal though,but if it didnt tighten down,or did tighten and dint compress washers...weird

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm..hope threads on input line not screwed up....it wouldn't rely on the threads to seal though,but if it didnt tighten down,or did tighten and dint compress washers...weird
I put the oem one back in and there’s no leak, so I think the line is fine, I’m just waiting for the filter from dealership

1 - 5 of 5 Posts