Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yes another thing.

i wake up early today to go start my car cuz i was going to take it to get it worked on and finally fix all my stupid problems with this car.

i tried to start it all morning and the fucker wont start. go back to sleep and come out later and still no start.... open the cap on the radiator and the fucking shits frozen.

i had 50/50 in there i know that cuz i did the swap by myself. i took it to one other guy to have look at my car it was a idle issue so of course he lost coolant and i asked him what he used.. waiting on his response, of course if he put in a shit ton of water hes going to lie tho.

ive read that this is very bad and can crack ur block...... wtf should i do.

i think im going to wait it out till tomorrow its going to be 28 tomorrow.

when i tried to start it it was -13 outside i hate this fucking weather....

someone calm my fears....please.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Yea. Be sure to let it melt down.

2 years ago with my old lude I had a small coolant hose leak in the summer, and instead of always refilling it with coolant and "essentially" wasting it, I used water until I got the leaking hose replaced.

The thing was I forgot it was full of water instead of anti-freeze, and when december came by, my radiator froze.

When I tried to start it, my water pump basically exploded (internally). lol.
It was drivable but it leaked badly. I replaced the water pump and decided to replace the oil pump, auto-tensioner, and timing belt at once.
expensive.

So don't try and start it again until it is thawed out. you dont want to break shit now.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
i still think its a demon car lol dont feel bad. mine is one to.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so im going to let it thaw out and take a heater outside to help it.

anyone know what i should do after that....

start it and let it run for a long time......? what should i do?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
drain and refill with 50/50.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You'll want to check those freeze plugs like hatedenemy said. They are meant to go out before your block cracks. Pretty easy to replace on some cars. They are just a copper puck that can be taken out with a screw driver and a hammer.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well......went out side today checked for frozen or slush everywhere and there wasnt anything.

went to start the car.....started right up even fast than it usually does for some reason. no leaks or anything....... i think im ok. thanks god.

now i can do a compression test and check everything on Monday.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya man.....its just how this car has been treating me....... if u seached all my threads this would be nothing new lol.

i even promised the bitch body/paint in the spring.....spent 4500 bucks on it soo far in the past months. saved it from being a parts car.... and this is how it treats me........ maybe im going to have to take our relationship down a different road.:crazy:

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
maybe it will start treating you better after you work out all the kinks.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
im glad it started for ya man it will all work out in the long run ...jus gott get the idel fixed and bogging fixed and your set YOUR CLOSE TO BEIN DONE

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Yea put some real anti-freeze in there too.

If the jug says 50/50, just fill it up fully with that. Dont add any water because it will be 75/25 LoL.

either fill with 50/50 mix or get a 100% anti freeze and tap water and make 50/50 mix yourself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts