Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok you guys see those usless sidemarkes by the wheel in the front.
is it illegal to cover those up? because i have a chance to score on a real JDM front bumper with no sidemarkers... Or if not ill jus use my brother's clear corners from his 97 accord and paint them NHBP to match

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
I think you're technically supposed to have some sort of running lights. The city lights in the headlights don't really count. Also, unless you're getting that JDM bumper for super cheap it'll probably cost a whole hell of a lot less to just get your USDM sidemarkers filled in.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
i'm not running any side markers, and i live in nazi inspection state. the cops haven't given me hell, and i go to a friend of the family for my inspections so...

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BdoggPrelude said:
I think you're technically supposed to have some sort of running lights. The city lights in the headlights don't really count. Also, unless you're getting that JDM bumper for super cheap it'll probably cost a whole hell of a lot less to just get your USDM sidemarkers filled in.
the jdm bumper is like 257.00 dollars:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
28 Posts
think the side markers are nice but is there and difference with the jdm bumber?

·
Registered
935 Posts
2000BB6 said:
the jdm bumper is like 257.00 dollars:wzbigcry:

no need for a JDM bumper. As said before, just fill in the side markers and youre ready to go. Thats what im planning to do.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i think you could get away without them. i'm guesing a cop/inspection station would never notice.

mine are red, which is illegal, and no one has ever noticed that

·
Registered
41 Posts
2qu1k4u said:
i'm not running any side markers, and i live in nazi inspection state. the cops haven't given me hell, and i go to a friend of the family for my inspections so...
I agree 100% that Virginia is a suck-ass state for personalizing an Import. County Cops only really care about exhaust decibals, but the state Troopers here will try to screw you over for anything. I had one scratch the hell out of my tint because a shop had locked the keys in the car and then he said he didn't have to compensate me cause it was "illegal" tint...the bastard!:wzbigcry: Anyways, sorry for the rant, I had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
Yeah, I did. One of these days when I'm feeling brave I'm going to wire them up so they stay on like running lights but blink with my turn signals.
Cool, how about the mounting of the JDM markers, did you use some sort of factory template or did you just place them were you wanted?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
which way are the jdm sidemarkers supposed to go? constantly stay on like the usdm sidemarkers, only blink, or both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts