Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a rear and front lip kitfor my 92 lude but where can i find an afoordable one i looked on ebay and can't find anything!

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
I recommend the accord rear lip... it's cheap and looks really good IMO! As for a front lip... go used if you want cheap. Depends on what you want... urethane=Wingswest RS and a few others... check various FS forums etc....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Accord rear lip fit 4th Gen.?? what year range accord?? and thanks for the information, I've been looking for a simple back end solution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
FantomLuder said:
Accord rear lip fit 4th Gen.?? what year range accord?? and thanks for the information, I've been looking for a simple back end solution.
94-95 accord only

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does any 1 know where to get 1

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
local junkyard or hondaautomotiveparts.com.... brand new its like 40 bucks I think... I snagged mine from a guy off IA that was parting his accord.... just SEARCH

·
Registered
152 Posts
So your talking about the OEM replacement rear bumper accent for accords 94-95 and it is 3 pieces, sorry to be specific but it looks like 2 pieces and just making sure it is not aftermarket. I'm gonna price it at Honda if thats the case.

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
it IS 3 pieces I assure ya. It's supposed to look like one piece actually but I had to cut mine to fit around the exhaust...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=BUMPER

It is #13, 14, and 18 in the pic.... and more expensive than I thought from honda... you have to trim the center piece to fit the 4th gen bumper... it is very easy to do though. My buddy has put this lip on just about every car he has owned... 3rd gen front and back.... didn't look bad either! I'll dig up some different pics

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thx appreciate it greatly, just one other question, are the pieces made of regular bumper material or the same as the front OEM black lip on our 4th Gens?

I only ask because I will want to paint it to match (white) to go with the rest of my kit, spider sides with R33 front. The black OEM lip is flexy so the paint will chip off really quick.

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
its the OEM material like the prelude stock lip. My buddy had his painted viper blue and it hasnt really chipped at all... I actually spraypainted mine a glossy black and it looked damn good

·
Registered
38 Posts
thasss funny, i have an accord rear and front lip too, hahaha....yea looks klean and its easy to install, good luck buddy...L8er

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do 4th Gens come stock with a rear lip? Mine has the front and side OEM lips, but no lip on the rear? is it missing, or was never there??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts