Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my car (83 prelude) dosen't start thought it was a number of things, but wasn't. turns out the main fuse is blown and the one right next to it. this is the 35a and 65a fusable links. the 35a can't be found in the autozones, but we found the 65a. me and kevan went to go change it and couldn't cause when you tried to screw the fuse in it sparked and the fuse broke. i can go get another 65a but how 2 get it on?

and alos does anyone know where i can get the 35a cause autozone dosen't carry those

let me know patnas

taylor

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
try honda for the 35 fuse.

as for getting them in...not a clue. never had to do it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
why try it with the battery disconnected dur

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rustlude87 said:
why try it with the battery disconnected dur
yea we tried that. we tried disconnecting the battery then putting it in, but the problem is yea we got the fuse in but when you reconnect the terminals, they spark, then the fuse blows, again.

and when the fuse breaks it sometimes flies and hits you in the hand, and well, it just dosen't feel 2 good.

but really,i need help

·
Registered
82 Posts
if the fuse keeps blowing when power is sent to it generally means there is a short in the system some where, check all the wiring, also the wiring under the fusebox under the hoood, i had the same problem.

·
Registered
814 Posts
definatley a big short dude, check the starter connection, very easy to get grounded

·
Registered
927 Posts
junk yard !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts