Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone Im new to these forums and have been looking for a 3rd Gen AWS prelude for a couple weeks now and have recently stumbled upon one for sale in my local classifieds. Here is a description of it...

1988 Prelude AWS 5sp. I got this car with a bad timing belt. New Timing belt/Head/Waterpump. New Clutch/Flywheel/Cv's. Needs Bottom End of motor, wiper relay, power steering hose. Power everything. 108k on Car, 50 miles on all work just done. 1000obo

Sound good?

·
Donating Mem..car fanatic
340 Posts
Looks like you could have a car with decent shape mechanicals for about $2K...don't know if I would trust the advert on having a new timing belt/water pump without some receipts (especially where the advert says "new head")...

If you truely believe the owner is up front, you could just transfer those parts to a JDM B20a and have a decent motor for $650-1000 depending on where you source it...you'll have more luck on the west coast on availability of the B20a

Either way...If you choose to go for it, good on you for saving a 3d Gen from the scrap heap!

Cheers!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, might think about it but I would definantly go look at it befor I bought it. Also my location is wrong I live in Mukilteo Washington (Puget Sound) so that could be an option.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
team123luder said:
Yup you could easily get a B20A and tranny for 450 here in southern california
I paid 1100 for mine from hmotorsonline :(

Where are you getting yours so cheap?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ive been talkin to that guy, i live in WA also...it sounds a little rigged...b21 motor it has blue interior....i dont think thats stock white car with blue interior...i could be wrong but i have never seen one...sounds like the guy has been working on it himself...i dont think i would buy it...

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
Sully90Si said:
I paid 1100 for mine from hmotorsonline :(

Where are you getting yours so cheap?
They sell B16's for $550... you got ripped bro:jehon:

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
They do???? well I think he only sells then engine and tranny combo. I payed partial payment for my H22 from him.... 1500, engine tranny, ECU, harness, axles, shift cables..... Only thing he didnt have was the shifter. Oh and I bought a complete EG front end from him for less then 300 bucks!!! lol. And I bought my DA JDM headlights, JDM bumper, JDM marker lights, JDM steering wheel, Cluster, interior

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
ok, the only thing that concerns me about this car you're lookin at is that it has 108k miles, but needs a bottom end? i've never seen a 3g throw a bearing or wear out a bearing under 150k. something about the low mileage and claiming it needs a bottom end seems a bit sketchy to me.

if its legit though, you can rebuild the bottom end for pretty darn cheap. ~$300 for rings, bearings, and all gaskets/seals. ~$120 if all it needs is bearings and obviously oil pan gasket. easy fix, especially if its just bearings that it needs. which i would assume with such low miles. i dunno why the rings would wear out so early, even for a b21.

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
team123luder said:
They do???? well I think he only sells then engine and tranny combo. I payed partial payment for my H22 from him.... 1500, engine tranny, ECU, harness, axles, shift cables..... Only thing he didnt have was the shifter. Oh and I bought a complete EG front end from him for less then 300 bucks!!! lol. And I bought my DA JDM headlights, JDM bumper, JDM marker lights, JDM steering wheel, Cluster, interior
:Rock: I think we talking about the same thing :-D
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM%20USDM%20Engines&hit=20

top listing on that page

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
b20luda said:
ive been talkin to that guy, i live in WA also...it sounds a little rigged...b21 motor it has blue interior....i dont think thats stock white car with blue interior...i could be wrong but i have never seen one...sounds like the guy has been working on it himself...i dont think i would buy it...
I had a '90 SR with a B21, Dark blue interior and white exterior.
Danny's white lude (his old one) is the same.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well i talked some more with that guy..turns out the car is blue originally his friend put all white front end parts on it and rattle canned the rest white...the interior has misc. black interior parts as i guess they were gonna swap it...it has a B21 motor in it also which means someone has swaped the motor out, so who knows why the motor is broke its a b21 my guess is the b20 that was in it originally broke a tbelt...b20a engines break timing belts before 90k all the time, car is a POS i dont want it...if it wasnt blue and didnt have blue interior i would have bought it...i just want it for my h22a

·
Registered
750 Posts
b20luda said:

my car came stock with a blue interior.

by the way, i got my car for 650 CAD with a popped engine. so dont offer him any more then 600USD

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm with Daily if the engine isn't working properly i wouldn't offer dude more then $500 for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts