Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Quasi-AWOL
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the love of God, STOP riding it like a ford.

Ford's newest commercial's are annoying as shit, proving, once again, that they have no fucking clue what young american car buyers are actually looking for.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
you know what the funny thing is thoug? People are going to still buy them. Its the wird comercials people remember, not the ones that make sense lol..

·
Quasi-AWOL
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the Ford Fusion Target Customer straight from FORD

Middle income Gen Xers, transitioning into couple life stages. They are in the midst of establishing themselves in careers that are often less conventional, but that’s ok because they are entrepreneurial. We would define them as moderately upscale, modern-classic and unpretentious. They incorporate urban style living by calling home an apartment or loft. They are affordably refined. Their pastime is spent enjoying music, yoga and fitness. They actively vacation with friends and love the nightlife; exotic, yet affordable is key. These individuals prefer Las Vegas, Jamaica or even skiing.
• 25-39
• Male 45%, Female 55%

Do you really see these people buying this Ford? A Ford?

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
the fusion is ugly... they need to change that age group to 70-100. that car just does not look like it belong on the road IMO. I have an apartment. I'm not looking to buy a fusion. I'm looking to buy bmws, evos, sti's, supras etc..etc... not a ugly fusion. Damn Whats the world coming to? A fusion? give me a break. Now I"m contradicting myself lol. First I said it will sale now I'm saying no it won't. and no I'm not drunk lol.

·
Quasi-AWOL
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford Focus:
Target Customer
A Gen. X female (55%), between the ages of 25 and 28, who is single and living with a friend in an apartment. She is stylish and smart.

Ford Mustang:
Target Customer
Crave a sense of freedom, less concerned with what other people think of them and just want to do what feels good.
(Fact 1: 46% of Mustang owners are 40-60 years old.)
(Fact 2: Muscle car buyers only account for 35% of all Mustang sales)

Ford Taurus
Target Customer
Sensible and hardworking, they need a practical car for those times when the whole family is along, but also want to drive a sedan they can be proud of, without looking showy or pretentious.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Target Customer
A Gen. X female (55%), between the ages of 25 and 28, who is single and living with a friend in an apartment. She has no sense of style and a lack of perception when it comes to choosing what is right for her. She only lives with her girlfriend because she is confused wether or not she is actually a **** and has yet to fully express those feelings. Her last boyfriend beat her when she said she wanted a focus and has since never trusted the touch of a man.

·
Quasi-AWOL
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whilewe're laughing it up..

How Fusion Looks
• Strikingly bold exterior styling:
o Sleek lines
o Bold stance
o Dynamic presence
o Strong, muscular grille
o Sporty dual exhaust
How Fusion Moves
• Stimulating experience of a driver’s car:
o Zealous power and nimble handling
o 160-hp Duratec 23 I4 DOHC and 221-hp Duratec 30 V6 engines
o 5- and 6-speed transmissions available
How Fusion Feels
• Inviting, stylish interior environment:
o Distinctive materials
o Attention to detail
o Aluminum accents throughout
o Analog clock
o Leather
o Contrasting seat stitching

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
fusion looks like:
POs
POS
fusion feels like:
POS
POS
how the fusion moves:
like a POS

I miss the early mid 90s when whe has rx7s 3000gt, 300zx etc.... a ford fusion??????

·
12,918 Posts
Yeah well we're bad mouthing it.. i dont think that's what they wanted.

People buy fords because they're cheaper than the rest and you think you're getting an okay car (for those who buy em). My parents are stuck between a ford escape and a nissan xtrail right now.. the difference is that escape is about 18k.. while the xtrail is around 26k. HUGE quality difference.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
just like their commercial doesnt make sense neither does buying one really

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ford Mustang (base model): Target market: Little girls of all ages who want the image of a sports car, but can't be trusted behind the wheel of a vehicle with any real performance. Probably enjoys things like shopping, personal drama, and lacrosse.

Ford Mustang GT: Target market: Men who want a muscle car, but lack the technical ability and patience to own a real muscle car. Usually insecure about sexual performance and penis size. Hates Japanese cars but probably owns a Ranger and doesn't realize it's 90% Mazda. Drop-top buyers possibly closet homosexuals.

Ford Focus: Target market: Young males who couldn't afford a Mustang GT, but still can't stand the thought of driving a "ricer" and are not aware that the Focus runs a Mazda engine. He will frequent PepBoys for his performance needs, and will think his car is the total shit because it's got lots of low-end torque, but has never climbed the tach far enough to see that there's no real power up there. Will think hondas are too scared to race him, when in fact the hondas that are worth racing will have better things to do than beat up on ugly little Foci.

Ford 500: Target market: Anyone who views a car as an A to B appliance.

Ford Fuzion: Target market: Ford 500 buyers that think putting Z's in words makes them sporty.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts