Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like SLT came out with a A/C and P/S friendly manifold, any comments?

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2337630

the WG placement looks pretty good and the like, for $850 I am thinking about it, but don't know much about how the sidewinder designs work as compared to a tubular EQ mani. I don't know if these are EQ length but it seems like there is enough distance between the collector/merge and the outlet that it might not matter that much....

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
HMMM looking at it, I wonder how they will do the oil return from the turbo. I can`t get a real idea of how low it sits in the engine bay. Also it looks like it will be fun routing the coolant line from the radiator all the way to the other side. The only show you how the manifold really sits in there. What they need to do is show a 100% complete product that is up and running.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call I didn't think of the coolant but after further looking at it I dunno I just can't see how it would work unless you worked it in such a way so it went under the wastegate, over the collector and then took a hard right bend... I dunno i suppose coolant lines don't need to be as flow efficient (i.e. less bends etc) as say a manifold or exhaust or something like that. I was kinda excited about this till you mentioned that...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
^Maybe message them to show it in a car that is up and running with some dyno results. The throttle response on a manifold like that wouldn't be as good as some other choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts