Basic Turbo Setup Parts List
- T-25 Turbo set at 6-7psi - (ebay) $120
- Short Tubular Manifold for T-25 w/optional intercooler setup -From Michael @ LSDMotorsports.com $340
- FMU 12:1 disk - $113 or you may want to Convert to OBD1 with a Chipped ECU and a Conversion Harness - Roughly $350 (parts) and about $150 p/h @ a Dyno Shop to Tune
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump - (ebay) $100
- Need check valves from pet store (3 valves) - (local store) $30
- Intercooler and charge piping – (your choice estimate) $200
- Blow-off valve – (ebay) $105
- Custom Downpipe - (estimate from local shop) $200
- Oil sandwhich adapter - (summitracing) $36.64
- Oil feed line - (ebay) $69.94
- Oil return line - (ebay or custom made) $50
- Autometer Boost Guage – (ebay) $33
- Silicone Couplers - (ebay) $100
- Depeding on you, you may want to invest into 450cc injectors to prevent leaning out your fuel supply. $100 (ebay)
As far as power increase on this setup I quote "Bobnova":
7psi non-intercooled with that setup and a Ludespeed manifold made 178whp.
Add an intercooler and 2psi (9psi intercooled) and it was 205whp or so.
Please keep in mind that the 3rd Gen Prelude is rated at 110hp at the wheels and 135hp at the crank.
I compiled what I have researched on Basic Turbo charging our 3rd Gen Preludes and this is what I found:
For everyone’s knowledge, this is an non-intercooled setup and will run efficiently with no problems according to Keith(testimonial from the LUDESPEED KIT).
All Keith did was retard his timing 4 degrees to stop any pining. "Retard your timing 4 degrees and watch the motor for the first 500 miles. You shouldn’t notice any pinging, unless you didn’t follow my steps. This kit will not hurt your engine, only you not taking the proper time and precautions to install it properly and care for you motor will.
Do not set your wastegate any higher than 8psi or you will have to change your fuel management. By the way setting your psi at 8 will be maxing out this setup.
I spoke with Michael at LSDMOTORSPORTS.com and I asked him what type of fuel management they were using for their kits. He said "FMU(Vortech or Blox) or AFC(Apexi), and he said you can use your stock injectors with an upgrade fuel pump".
So, I confirmed that anyone can turbo charge their 3rd Gens with stock injectors safely. But keep in mind that you will be limited to the 6-8psi range for your wastgate setting.
He also said that the other car with the AFC is using 450cc injectors and it is intercooled (FMIC).
I have checked these prices out for this setup, but FisherPrice used an DSM turbo setup off of a junked eclipse and was able to do it under a $1000.00. You may know someone who can help you get parts cheaper so the prices will vary.
I hope this helps alot of you people looking to turbo charge your car.