Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about adding an Eclipse style hood blister to make room for power steering or do you all think it would look way strange?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Could look decent, what is unfourtunate is the placement. Some what odd + body-line-defying on the driver corner of the hood.

IMO- it would look much better on a flat hood, vs. the recessed "V" we have in the center of our hoods.

Would a traction bar allow you to mount it lower to avoid the hood clearance issue?

·
blubyu
390 Posts
Make room for the p/s that doen't make any sense when sean (1funryd) already makes a conversion for the b and h series motors. If you did the hood swap it would be for sheer looks alone. Also i would dry fit the hood and post up some pics and you'll get a feel for what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I have power steering with no hood mods. I don't see why it would be needed.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have power steering with no hood mods. I don't see why it would be needed.
I was under the impression that there were issues with power steering unit interfearance. I guess the only issue is with the A/C unit and the front crossmember (that can be resolved by replacing it with a traction bar).

Thank you for clearing that up.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I was under the impression that there were issues with power steering unit interfearance. I guess the only issue is with the A/C unit and the front crossmember (that can be resolved by replacing it with a traction bar).

Thank you for clearing that up.
well there's is no problem with the HEIGHT of the pump but there is with the length. it can hit the front of the car (next to headlight) but i think my mechanic used the hose assembly part from a civic since it sends the hose sideways instead of forward.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well there's is no problem with the HEIGHT of the pump but there is with the length. it can hit the front of the car (next to headlight) but i think my mechanic used the hose assembly part from a civic since it sends the hose sideways instead of forward.
More great information, many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
could you ask your mechanic with type of civic...i would love to do the same to mine pls:Rock:

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
could you ask your mechanic with type of civic...i would love to do the same to mine pls:Rock:
this is a quote from him:

The front fitting was taken from a P30 power steering pump (from a B16A SiRII). This fitting points horizontally instead of vertically towards the floor. That gives the required clearance to the hose.

the only problem as you can see is that the hose didn't go all the way. he shaved part of the PS assembly to allow the hose to go further in.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
this is a quote from him:

The front fitting was taken from a P30 power steering pump (from a B16A SiRII). This fitting points horizontally instead of vertically towards the floor. That gives the required clearance to the hose.

the only problem as you can see is that the hose didn't go all the way. he shaved part of the PS assembly to allow the hose to go further in.
thanks bro...i will do the same to mine soon:satisfied:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts