Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started taking my suspension apart today to install my hyperflex kit. The instructions didnt say anything about PRESSING THE OEM BUSHINGS OUT :wzbigcry:.

I called a buddy of mine in AZ who has the kit installed on his 4th gen and he informed me that i'm going to need to have the car down for about 2 days. Basically you have to pull you whole suspension apart all at one time. Then take your Upper and lower control arms (front and back) completely out and take them to a shop to be pressed out. ARGH. Other than having to getting the bushings pressed out, it doesnt seem like the job is going to be hard, per say. Just tedious and time consuming.

well, thats my rant.

Cliff notes:
you have to get your OEM bushings pressed out in order to install the hyperflex kit.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Yeah that sucks. My little brother realized the same thing when he got his ES bushing kit for his 96 Civic. Also, I'm sure you already know, make sure you lube those bitches really well or they will squeak and creak. I haven't been brave enough to do this to my car yet. I'll probably do it when I get my Tein coilovers.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BdoggPrelude said:
Yeah that sucks. My little brother realized the same thing when he got his ES bushing kit for his 96 Civic. Also, I'm sure you already know, make sure you lube those bitches really well or they will squeak and creak. I haven't been brave enough to do this to my car yet. I'll probably do it when I get my Tein coilovers.
yea, i've got plenty of lube, but my car creaks and squeaks bad as it is so it prolly wouldnt bother me, lol. I'm off work on monday and tuesday so i'll prolly start on it early monday morning.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steveobb4 said:
Yep if poly bushing you better lube em up or they squeaky squeaky.
yea, all poly. Every bushing on the front and rear, upper and lower control arms will be changed to poly. Every bolt will get tightened to factory torque specs to aid in balancing the car. My car vibrates alot so im sure the bolts arent to spec anymore. Especially after the spending half its miles with a with an aftermarket suspension and 20,000 with a stiff ass set of coilovers and stiff motor mounts. :turn:

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah i got the ES master bushing kit ordered with front engine mount inserts.
i put the frotn engine mount insert in, but dont want TOOO many vibrations so the rear will stay out.
damn all those bushings looks like a huge job, im gonna wait till i get my tein coilovers and whiteline sways and try and knock it all over in one big hit.
kinda like hitting 30 birds with one boulder i guess

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jesseunvoas said:
well it's worked everytime for me and if not a corect side socket and a large hammer works as well
have you ever removed the control arm bushings before?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts