Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some new h3's for my lude and went to replace them and found two connectors one premantly connected to the original bulb and another female connector i tryed both of them and nothing is working.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Red3GSR said:
i got some new h3's for my lude and went to replace them and found two connectors one premantly connected to the original bulb and another female connector i tryed both of them and nothing is working.
Well, it is good that you made a thread about fog lights, because I am going to replace mine. I took a rough measurement and it seems that they are 3" high by 6" wide. I didn't take the depth measurement.

So, what kind did you buy? I was thinking about buying these at a pricey $430 CAD @ JB Power Centre > http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-5443.cfm . < That is a website that has the type of light that I want and it is not the actual JB Power Centre's website.

If there are any other suggestions, please let me know. I have checked a few junkyards here in Edmonton, but to no avail. Factory foglamps are hard to come by unless I go to the Honda dealership, and that is not happening.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Red3GSR said:
never mine im an idiot forgot the connect ground now i have jdm yellow fogs :)
see...what did i tell you? okay, so i was almost right, lol...i'm going with yellow bulbs in my stock fogs i just got off ebay. it's gonna look SICK with my black on white (or is it white on black? i forget how ur supposed to say the order) color scheme imo, :devil:

·
Registered
288 Posts
The OEM foglamp housing refracts with yellow. Even if you replaced them with yellow bulbs. It would not make a difference.

I replace mine with 100w white h3. Its drastically pushing the OEM limit of 55w but they're extremely bright. And the bulb is clear but the housing still brings them out yellow. I'll get some pics sometime to show.

So there's really no need to get yellow bulbs if you have the OEM housing installed.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Nippon said:
The OEM foglamp housing refracts with yellow. Even if you replaced them with yellow bulbs. It would not make a difference.

I replace mine with 100w white h3. Its drastically pushing the OEM limit of 55w but they're extremely bright. And the bulb is clear but the housing still brings them out yellow. I'll get some pics sometime to show.

So there's really no need to get yellow bulbs if you have the OEM housing installed.
I've seen MANY people do this with their stock fogs. What do you mean it refracts?

·
Registered
780 Posts
please.. i like to see 100w fogs...

does it burn the wire or somthing>:Rock:

Nippon said:

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Ludasaurus said:
I've seen MANY people do this with their stock fogs. What do you mean it refracts?
Nevermind, lol. I get it. With regular bulbs it shines yellow. Right? I'm willing to bet a yellow bulb makes a difference though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nippon said:

Im pretty sure you are wrong. I looked @ your garage & you have an 88 or 89 Lude. The 90-91's have different fog housings & dont refract yellow w/stock bulbs. I wish they did though :| .

I wonder how yellow those "h3 xenon bulbs" really are though on a 91 housing.

·
Registered
472 Posts

^ cgm12mgc's light setup is sick. That's an 88 or 89 & the yellow fogs make the headlights look so much whiter. That's the look Im going for but I have a '91.

(cgm: hope you dont mind me using your sig as an example :smilejap: )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts