Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
I love my 12lb flywheel. Not too much different feeling from stock but getting going from stops takes some getting used to since our cars are pretty heavy. It's all opinion so just pick one and be happy lol. Not many people have used both an 8lb and a 12lb so take everyone's input with a grain of salt

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
the car will rev faster, and drop revs faster when you shift but it doesnt really make the car any "faster".
It won't produce more power but it will reduce a very crucial rotating mass which will in term allow the car to accelerate faster. It "frees" up horsepower rather than creating it but it will increase the amount of power put out to the wheels by reducing that ever frustrating "drivetrain power loss." So actually it will make the car "faster."

·
Registered
158 Posts
It won't produce more power but it will reduce a very crucial rotating mass which will in term allow the car to accelerate faster. It "frees" up horsepower rather than creating it but it will increase the amount of power put out to the wheels by reducing that ever frustrating "drivetrain power loss." So actually it will make the car "faster."

so 8lbs good for daily driver?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I run a custom 7lb RPS Flywheel w/ a carbon insert...works fine for me for DD

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I have a jun cromoly 12lb flywheel and love it
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If i remember correctly all the 8 pound ones are alloy and I wouldn't run an alloy flywheel. In my opinion the best all around flywheel would be the a 12 pound cro-moly, after all that's 10 pounds lighter than stock. I haven't heard anything bad about the 8 pound flywheels but that seems a little excessive for street use. In this case it is more of a preference thing than anything else.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
You guys need to see the thread in the 4th gen section where a guy broke his 8lb flywheel lol. 12lbs is good for me!

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Ok all you guys are someone what stock or still N/A.

I have a ACT prolite(8lb) with boost.

I love it. No problem whats so ever. I have pulled the flywheel shield off twice and the flywheel is fine.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Ok all you guys are someone what stock or still N/A.

I have a ACT prolite(8lb) with boost.

I love it. No problem whats so ever. I have pulled the flywheel shield off twice and the flywheel is fine.
First of all, what does this have to do with what the OP asked? lol

Second, the flywheel cover AKA "engine stiffener" only lets you see the back of the flywheel which wouldn't show anything, unless you're talking about the timing inspection hole in which case you can't see anything of substance since the part you care about is covered by the pressure plate

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
F/I meaning overall more heat.

And flywheel shield meaning teeth on the flywheel. If a flywheel was beginning to crack you would notice.

Why did post that, im F/I using an 8lb with no problems. Showing him that he will be fine stock with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.