Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only one of my lights pop open and pop close. The other I have to hand crank it. What do you think I could do to fix this problem. You think its the motor? I looked at all the fuses and there fine. Its really a pain hand cranking my lights.

·
Lord Magnum
1,210 Posts
Could be the relay, could be the motor. Could be a wiring issue.
Pull the fuse from the good light and have someone flip the lights while you look and listen under the hood.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
Lights camera... No action

Have a look through the how to's for the full workshop manual.. I was flicking through it the other day as my 86si that I just picked up has the same problem... well it's actually worse.. both of mine are permanantly up... I'll have a look through the hard copy I have tomorrow and see what it says... But seriously, I think it's more likely to be wiring or a relay or something of that nature..

Good luck bro.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
most common that ive seen is the contol unit located under the drivers side dash(lhd) you have to remove the lower panel and its mounted just to the left side. these seem to go bad. i havnt repaired one but it could be a case of the honda bad solder joints( see DRL problems on any honda lol)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a similar problem with mine.. only one goes down, they will both go up, but only my passenger will go down. (<< lol dirty) I have gone through everything, and I'm lost too. I just leave them both up. I have pulled the wiper control box and opened it up, everything looks okay inside there, but who knows right.. maybe I will grab another one next time I'm at the wrecking yard, I will report any findings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts