Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently had an unfortunate experience in which a lamppost at my beautiful gen 5 for breakfast.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

The insurance company told me that it’s totaled, but as much as I want to, I just can’t get rid of it. I’m gonna fix it! But I need to some help figuring out what parts I need and what parts will work. The bash bar, the radiator, and the bumper are completely screwed. The radiator support is bent, but I think it might be salvageable.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

I tried to see if the engine would turn over, but I stuck the key in and nothing happened. The lights didn’t come on, the engine didn’t turn over. Nothing. I’ve found that it’s probably because a fuse blew when the airbags went off. Is that the case? What fuse would it be? Also, if I’m not able to salvage the radiator support, wouldthe same piece from a ‘98 accord work? They look identical in pictures. Thanks for any help I can get!

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
137 Posts
I recommend that you find a car like yours from a salvage yard or auction, preferably one that's been smashed from the rear, since the front parts will be good and the price would be cheaper than finding each individual part you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what Stub said ^
i woke up on Thanksgiving to find my hood smashed in, in my driveway. so i went to a junkyard and took the hood and latch and some other things. i’m always keeping an eye out for junkyard ludes, as there rare to come by, for me at least lol but yeah man look for a part out or go on LKQ and check out their inventory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts