Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, my panal with the odometer + speedometer does not work anymore. No speed / milage information for me...
Now I searched the forum + checked at online shops for parts, but I guess for legal reasons, I cannot find anything. Any tips here on how to fix it? Could it be just the cable that broke? all help is greatly appriciated.

(oh yes: I am a total rookie in terms of carfixing, but you guys did help me replace my startermotor. car works fine! pretty good result for somebody with 0% experience and/or know-how!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stereo said:
have checked the speedo cable (88-89) or VSS (90-91) as thats the first place to start .
do you have any more info? Its a 1988 Prelude 2.0 SI. What exactly do you mean?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rock,

Seeing from a previous post of yours that you have an 88 Prelude, your car would have a cable driven speedo (90-91 is electronic) . More then likely it is broke or has come disconnected therefore no longer turning the speedo for your speed as well as the odometer for mileage. Check the online manual for its location and what to look for. I believe the cable has two sections. Good luck

Online manual link
http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/PreludeManual/index.html

·
Registered
172 Posts
88-89 cars have this metal piece between the odometer and the (sorry forgot the name) thing the black plug goes into in the back of the gauges. h recently had the same problem with my car and what happened was somehow it came loose which was preventing the odometer and speedometer to work, it got stuck the the speedometer and some magnetic bullshit was going on. take out and open the clust and check it out, PM me if you need me to send you a pic of what you need to look for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts