Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a braided clutch line made up. Kinked the oem hard line that came with the swap. I need a 90 degree bend at the master and just a normal fitting on the slave. I think the right sizes are 12x1.25mm for the master and 10x1.0 for the slave.

Rompirate gave me this link and im just checking to see if these will work for a braided clutch line.

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&dept=Metric

Part 9919 size 10x1.0 for the slave. And part 9490 size 12x1.25mm for the master. Do you think those will work?

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
man, why cant i remember this off the top of my head!!

the thread size for the master and slave is not metric. It is standard. Call Mike at King Motorsports tomorrow and ask him the thread size.

you should look into the wilwood residual check valve as well. very cheap and makes quick shifts a little easier.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I took the master cylinder into shops all over my town and they said they couldnt do it b/c the sizes for it was metric. The brake line fitting things i ordered fit perfectly into the slave and those are 10x1.0mm i believe. Now im totally confused lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, in a pinch, you could alternatively just cut free the old fittings from the old hardline and reuse them for the new one. Brake line tubing only costs about $8 for 6 ft from the autoparts store. However, the tools to cut, bend, and flare the tubing will be much more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, I’m having the same exact problem. I went to 7 AutoZones, 2 O’Riley’s, 3 different repair shops. Nothing I search for on google has any info on the inverted M12.0x1.25 thread into the master cylinder. Same as you, my slave side works fine with the M10x1.0 with the fitting that came with the hose. It’s just the master side I’m having the hardest time finding.
I bought a roll of 1/4 inch copper and found a different fitting to thread into the master side so I figured I’d just try to run my own and buy a flaring kit. And the 1/4 inch line is too big to fit in the slave side. I don’t know what to do know lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated! IG @93lude4gen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts